Popular Tags: [View All]
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The nights are dark in Puerto Rico, as dark as coffee. This night will be darker than most.

In this darkness, a lone figure stumbles his way back from the wharf. Drunk, he moves clumsily along his path, his tools clanking together on his back. This slight noise seems to have drawn unwelcome attention...

Suddenly the man hears a soft snuffling noise behind him, like a large dog sniffing the air on the hunt. Weaving, he turns to investigate but sees nothing. As he starts to continue on his way, he hears it again - but this time on the other side of the street. Could there be two? Or is this animal very fast?

An unreasoning panic fills the prospector, and he begins to run. Now he knows he is pursued as he can hear the creature - or creatures - running behind him, getting closer. The man ducks down this lane, then another, hoping to lose his followers, but to no avail.

Finally, in the shadow of the hacienda, he turns to make his stand. There are indeed two creatures, but these are no ordinary dogs, no ordinary animals. These are the stuff of nightmares. These are werewolves.

The shock of realizing what he is facing slows his already drink-addled reactions even further, and he has just enough time to raise his pickaxe over his head, but not enough time to bring it back down.

The prospector is dead.

"I always told him he'd get into trouble, every time he found a bit of anything valuable, he'd go down to the wharf and drink it away. It was only a matter of time before someone robbed him."

"Did you hear he was torn apart? Robbers don't do that."

"Torn apart? Well, then what was it?"

"I don't know, but the mayor is investigating. And the captain says that his last trip, he picked up some passengers. Some strange passengers."

"Does he think it could have been them? Geez, and we just got a shipload of new colonists too, so many new people in town it would be hard to find just two. What was strange about them?"

"Captain invited them to join him for dinner one night, but when they came to table they acted very strange. Wouldn't touch any food and excused themselves very quickly. Captain says he thinks it was because the meal was served up on his best plates, his best SILVER plates. Captain thinks now that they might have been werewolves."

"Oh come now, that's just crazy talk."

"Nevertheless, Captain said it and the whole town's repeating it now. There's talk of trying to find those two, and having a lynching."

"That's just what we need, a kangaroo court going around lynching people. Puerto Rico gets a bad enough rap, what with the whole colonist-slave thing, we don't need lynchings on top of it."

"Oh it's all right. We're not going to have ordinary mob rule lynchings. We're going to elect a Governor to do the deed. Do this all nice and proper and legal."

"Terrific, glad to hear we're going to have proper lynchings, that'll be a great comfort if we lynch some poor innocent colonist. So who's the first governor going to be?"

Day 1 begins. First Governor is Alexfrog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Puerto Rico WW - Death of a Colonist - GIP!!
Puerto Rico Werewolf Rules

Roles - we have 2 wolves, 1 seer, and 10 colonists.

Sorry, the Seer did not get a Night 0 view.

Lynchtime is at 8PM BGG time.

All night actions must be in by 9PM BGG time.

Any posts or PMs timestamped after the allowable times will be ignored. If the wolves fail to message me, there will be NO kill that night. If the governor fails to post the lynch, there will be NO lynch that day.

Only wolves may PM. Please cc me on all PMs.

Votes & Lynch

Lynch is decided not by vote, but by the Governor. The Governor must post publicly, in bold print, the name of the person they wish to have lynched that day. The Governor may change their vote as often as they like, at any time up until lynch time. The other players are allowed and encouraged to try to persuade the Governor in any direction they please.

Colonists are all players who are not the Governor. Colonists must vote every day to decide who the next day's Governor will be. Colonists place their votes in bold and may change their vote as often as they like. Colonists may not vote for anyone who has previously been Governor until everyone has had a chance (or been killed). This should create an interesting narrowing effect, so vote wisely! The first day's Governor will be decided by the moderator. Oh, and tie votes are broken by longest held vote.

You may not edit vote posts, whether you are Governor or Colonist.

Anyone who does not show up for an entire 24 hour period will be dismissed. Anyone who does not vote twice will be dismissed. The purpose of this game is to have some good old fashioned psychological deduction, and we can't deduce much about you if you don't show up!

No posting when dead. The dead tell no tales. Well, ok, you can have one short post, but NO revealing anything, just things like 'Go colonists!' or 'Aw man, and I didn't even get to ship my corn' are ok.

If there are any questions, please post them here or PM them to me.

Player List
1. Beowulf
2. Shugyosha
3. Kimapesan
4. Munchwolf
5. Alexfrog
6. LudesFactor
7. Elbear
8. Xandryyte
9. Bagpipedan
10. Funktard
11. Genghis
12. Ithicks
13. Dturnerfish

(If you are on the player list and somehow have not gotten a role PM from me, PM me!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Bear
Brazil
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious to see how long until the first mention of the colonist = slave controversy. I am glad our graceful mod made sure this is out of the way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I am definitely in favor of the newer players speaking up more... How else to figure out if you are a wolf or not?

Thanks and have a good day...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Bear
Brazil
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am afraid I am not. That's too bad for the colony, since I am sure I would be a lousy wolf...laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hallo everyone!! Welcome to Ja-mai-ca. It's so lovely here, warm, sunny, beautiful. I cannot wait to go to the ganja plantation, ya know? My first and best plantation job, good career track. I hope everyone say hallo soon and happy to meet you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Bear
Brazil
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More sunny than the midwest these days, that's for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wow, a genuine Jamaican to play Puerto Rico with.

I find in 13 player PR that getting an early Construction Hut is beneficial. It is practically impossible to get a Small Market anyway, and only the useless plantations are left most of the time.

How many quarries are there in 13 player anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZOMG ITS
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
shugyosha wrote:
Wow, a genuine Jamaican to play Puerto Rico with.

I find in 13 player PR that getting an early Construction Hut is beneficial. It is practically impossible to get a Small Market anyway, and only the useless plantations are left most of the time.

I tend to agree, but I'd say that a small market is quite useful. It is always good to get a good source of money early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Bear
Brazil
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shugyosha wrote:

I guess trading anything would be pretty hard too, even more so with wolves lurking in the way to the trading house...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so we're off and running are we...

Just back from the sugar plantation, thought I'd check in and see what's going on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
Ah, so we're off and running are we...

Just back from the sugar plantation, thought I'd check in and see what's going on...

He's got sugar already! Don't let him trade it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

But does he have a sugar mill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going along with the newbie players speaking up more.... so here goes.

To make things even simpler, I will come out as state plainly that I am a colonist.

*Modified due to my misunderstanding*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
ithicks wrote:
I am going along with the newbie players speaking up more.... so here goes.

As we know nothing at this point it seems to make sense to keep Alexfrog as our Governer. We have no reason not to keep the status quo. To make things even simpler, I will come out as state plainly that I am a colonist.

vote alexfrog for governer!

Uh... please go back and read the rules... Alexfrog can't be gov again until everyone else alive in the game has their turn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Xandryte seems to have a quick grasp on local customs and laws, I think she will be a good choice for our first voted Governer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ithicks wrote:
Since Xandryte seems to have a quick grasp on local customs and laws, I think he will be a good choice for our first voted Governer.

vote xandryyte[b]

psst ... she

[b]vote xandryyte
- just because it's fun

-Munch "yes, I realize this is for the governor position" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
ithicks wrote:
Since Xandryte seems to have a quick grasp on local customs and laws, I think he will be a good choice for our first voted Governer.

vote xandryyte

psst ... she

vote xandryyte - just because it's fun

-Munch "yes, I realize this is for the governor position" Wolf

Damn wayward /

-Munch "I blame the Spanish ... ever since they've imposed that trade embargo, /'s have been missing all over the place." Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vote xandryyte

because I editted the post with my original vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey, all you groovy happy people of Ja-mai-ca, where is everybody? Lots of folks not show up yet? Wot's wrong? They scared? Maybe they shy, maybe they just not happy and not want to come out in the sun. It is beautiful today, yes?

Today we elect a new guvner, yes? What is wrong with the old one? Oh, maybe he one of those shy people. People complain 'bout the immigrants, they don't talk enough. Well, those same people, they don't talk enough either!

Hmmm, maybe I should be guvner ... I can talk, ya know?

While I don't have anything against xandryyte as Guvner, I haven't heard any campaign promises worth mentioning. I can truthfully say that I will work for mechanization of all plantation labor. This will create jobs, and jobs are what people need to be happy and secure in this world. And that's a fact.

And, if I'm not elected today, I'll run tomorrow. The people of this beautiful island deserve a better future, and I'm prepared to give it to them.

Well, that my speech. You like? Wish you all a happy day in sunny Ja-mai-ca!

(Btw, Denise, when voting, should/may people vote for themselves, or must they vote for another person?)

(In case you're wondering, I'm not usually up this early ... but it's windy and rainy, the cats are restless, I went to bed fairly early last night, and I'm in manic phase.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I know this is one time where we don't mind picking up votes, but I don't think we should be voting for Xandryyte. Here's why: she is the Werewolf closer. I can think of no one I would rather have as Governor at the end, as she has amazing instincts for making the right choice (in fact, as a wolf in a recent game I tried to get her killed off for this very reason).

So assuming she is not a werewolf in this game (hopefully we'll get some clues), I think we should save her Governorship for the latter part of the game.

I'm going to vote for the local guy.

vote Ludesfactor

And I await the arrival of the current Governor, the master of the opening. The main line seems to be a pretty random choice though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:

(In case you're wondering, I'm not usually up this early ... but it's windy and rainy, the cats are restless, I went to bed fairly early last night, I'm in manic phase,
and I've got dreams of werewolf games dancing in my head.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe in a two party system.

Vote Ludesfactor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahem, hey ithicks

Quote:
You may not edit vote posts, whether you are Governor or Colonist.

I'll let it slide this time, but next person to edit a vote may find themselves getting a pot of this fine local coffee dumped on their head - modding is hard enough without my votes moving around like this!!!! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:

(Btw, Denise, when voting, should/may people vote for themselves, or must they vote for another person?)

Yes, you certainly may vote for yourself, go right ahead!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [32] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.