Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a few board game designs of our own on the burner right now but we felt reprinting a classic would be the best way to earn the board game communitiy's trust. It was clear from reading various articles on BGG that Die Macher was in fairly high demand as a reprint and it truly qualified as a classic. I LOVE the game and it is one of my personal favorites. Hopefully, after Die Macher hits the shelves and people have seen the level of quality we intend to put into our games, they will continue to show interest in our new games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick questions:

1) I see you are printing 750 copies. Can you tell us more about production details?

a) Will the components be in English?
b) Will the board be hard mounted?

2) Having looked into making a game, 750 copies will end up with a high cost per unit (no economies of scale), have you two actually investigated printing costs?

3) Are you planning on printing other OOP games?

Will have more questions soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1a) The components will all be language independent. The rulebook will be written in English, French, German and Spanish. All images and symbols on the cards, boards and tiles will be explained in the rules.

1b) The board will be hard mounted just like the original. The reprint will be of the same if not better quality than the original.

2) Yes, we have investigated printing costs and 750 is only the pre-order numbers. We are actually printing much more than 750 games.

3) Yes, we do intend to reprint other games in the future. We hope to have two lines of games, a Classic Line and a Modern Line. Die Macher will be the first in the Classic Line and other reprints will fall in the Classic Line. New games that we put out will fall in the Modern Line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When do you expect the valleygames.ca site to be back up so I can give you money?

Thankyou so much for taking the risk to reprint this title and the time to answer our questions.

Take care,

jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Valley Games site is up, just not the store. We are getting requests from all over the world for this game and before we can open the store, we want to have all shipping costs determined. We are hoping to open the store mid week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are the cube tomatoes????

They are *the* defining thing in DM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When do you expect it will be possible to pre-order Die Macher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gomez wrote:
Where are the cube tomatoes????

They are *the* defining thing in DM

Hmmmmm......that's third sign of distress over this. Maybe we can surprise you later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dyfrgi wrote:
When do you expect it will be possible to pre-order Die Macher?

See my response 4 above this one. Believe me, we are going to make it available as soon as we can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"we want to have all shipping costs determined. We are hoping to open the store mid week. "

I'm guessing that this already answered my question. So your company will be able to offer international shipping? This is great news!! I can't wait for the store to open.

Thank you for bringing back this classic!!

PS i gotta learn how to insert the quotation..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyman Hurd
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news. I played this once and have been wanting my own copy for quite some time and not willing to quite swallow the online prices (those who picked it up for a pittance please stop posting this fact cry. I am definitely keeping my eye open for when pre-orders work once more!

For the record, however, I do think it would be a shame to deprive the world of the square tomato.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess on the Square Tomato is that HiG probably has a Copyright on their artwork. And that would be the reason that all the art is changing and the coat of arms is disappearing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
My guess on the Square Tomato is that HiG probably has a Copyright on their artwork. And that would be the reason that all the art is changing and the coat of arms is disappearing.

You are exactly right, the artwork is copyrighted. However, a Coat of Arms is not copyrighted and we could have used them on the cards. The reason we chose not to is that since this is an international edition, we thought it would be better to show the world where the states were relative to each other in Germany. We tried to get the coat of arms on the cards as well but it was getting too crowded.

As for the square tomato, nothing prevents us from redrawing one to get around the copyright issues.........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BrentCase wrote:
Rik Falch wrote:

"3) Yes, we do intend to reprint other games in the future. We hope to have two lines of games, a Classic Line and a Modern Line. Die Macher will be the first in the Classic Line and other reprints will fall in the Classic Line. New games that we put out will fall in the Modern Line."

Is it too soon to share with us what classical games besides Die Macher you are planning/considering for reprint?

And thanks for reprinting Die Macher!

Unfortunately, it is too soon. Die Macher was our test run and so far so good. We have some in mind though.

Your welcome and honestly, thank YOU for your support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Sherwood
Canada
Okotoks
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticing out there, no one has submitted any artwork yet for the box cover. I know for a fact that boardgame players are very creative, I've played way to many games and seen some very obscure tactics that have succeeded.

The very first copy of the game is the prize for the winner of this contest, oh and it will be personally signed by Karl-Heinz Schmeil as well.

Just thought I would mention it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry K
United States
Bloomsburg
PA
flag msg tools
badge
I can has 18xx teacher?
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a lot of buzz about this. Are you only allowing 750 preorders? I want in on one, but am a bit concerned I might miss it due to work scheduling. I will preorder one as soon as I see the store up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanie Kethers
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmosys wrote:

The very first copy of the game is the prize for the winner of this contest, oh and it will be personally signed by Karl-Heinz Schmeil as well.

Unless he signs it 'Schmiel', I will think it's a fake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Cosmosys wrote:
Just noticing out there, no one has submitted any artwork yet for the box cover. I know for a fact that boardgame players are very creative, I've played way to many games and seen some very obscure tactics that have succeeded.

Just thought I would mention it...

I have an idea, just pondering how to make it look right.

John, no artistic talent guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Well hurry up and get it printed, before I spend my money on something else! laugh
Seriously, can you tell us what other titles you might be trying to acquire for your Classic Line? ***cough***Dune***cough***

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops! Missed Brent's posting above! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Sherwood
Canada
Okotoks
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The pre order will not end at 750, Otrex should have an update for you shortly. Since he is our "scoop" guy I will let him tell you.

Fear not, I will never deny anyone the opportunity to get a copy of this game, even if I have to give you mine.

*Hint* Check the website again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Sherwood
Canada
Okotoks
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As Rik mentioned earlier in this post, Die Macher was an opportunity we were very lucky to get. We have several titles that we are looking at currently but we want to get this one completed before we move on.

We also want to ensure that people are happy with the quality of the product and how this game was reprinted. Good feedback will help us to continue to improve on delivering top quality games to everyone.

The last thing we want to do is assume that we know everything, that could be bad, mostly for everyone else.

We encourage everyone to send us their requests as to games they would like to see reprinted, we also welcome opportunities with new games. The website has a link in the Contact section where you can email requests.

Thank you for your continued support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Die Macher thing.....

... is it like Monopoly??? devil

James

PS - Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
solove wrote:
This Die Macher thing.....

... is it like Monopoly??? devil

James

PS - Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Actually, that was one of the conditions Karl-Heinz stipulated. We had to reprint Die Macher with as much of a Monopoly theme as possible. It is now a square board in which you roll a dice to see which state will have the election this turn. If you roll on a state that already had an election, simply roll again until you get a state that didn't. Also, if you lose an election you immediately go to jail for being a terrible politician.

No wait, that's the first game of our Modern Line - Die Macholy or Monomacher, not sure of the name yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Actually, that was one of the conditions Karl-Heinz stipulated. We had to reprint Die Macher with as much of a Monopoly theme as possible. It is now a square board in which you roll a dice to see which state will have the election this turn. If you roll on a state that already had an election, simply roll again until you get a state that didn't. Also, if you lose an election you immediately go to jail for being a terrible politician.

No wait, that's the first game of our Modern Line - Die Macholy or Monomacher, not sure of the name yet.

It's good to see that your plans for selling out to 'the man' are in full swing.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.