Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the conditions of the 2013 Solitaire Print and Play Contest, this is an announcement of a game in progress entitled Battle Drill.

Game Summary
BATTLE DRILL is a solitaire squad-based, company-level game that attempts to simulate the experiences of Commonwealth infantry in the fighting in Northwest Europe in 1944-45. The game is a departure from the many other treatments of fighting at this scale by focusing on the doctrinal differences between the British and Canadian armies and their German opponents, while minimizing the focus on specific types of hardware and equipment. Game mechanics will include paragraph-style order sheets to generate the German AI, action phases based on German doctrine, and simpler approaches to terrain, vehicles, etc. than the many other (two-player) games already in existence on the topic.

Components List

Projected components would be four 8-1/2 x 11 mapsheets, 3 sheets of 1/2" counters, 1 rulebook, 2 x d10

Approximate Playing Time

Single Mission - 1/2 to 3 hours depending on optional rules used, Campaigns possible of variable length to player's choice

Current Game Files
In development

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What language did you print this in? It really doesn't look like French to me, and you are from Calgary apparently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pool
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

It's placeholder text to show formating layout of documents.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any progress with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
The entry deadline for the 2013 Solitaire Print and Play Contest is Midnight (MST) October 5th. Will this game be complete by that time? If not, the game will be removed from the entry list but will be eligible to be entered in next year's contest.

Thanks! I hope to see more about this game soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to not see this one completed in time. Next year, Michael?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls