Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of us gathered at Mark Jackson's lovely home in Nashville for 3 1/2 days of intense gaming and socializing. His wife, Shari, is a saint for allowing 5 noisy and messy guys to invade her home. In spite of her cheerful and friendly exterior, she must have been seething at how we completely upset her normal routine and trashed the place. Thanks, Mark & Shari, for having us and treating us like kings.

It's always great to get together with such super folks such as Craig Berg, Ted Cheatham and Mark. Plus, it was wonderful to finally meet Rob Wood, who is loads of fun to be with and makes a fantastic Shrimp Creole! I also enjoyed being with the Nashville (now Boston) king of Settlers of Catan, Charles Glaser.

What follows is a brief recap of the games I was involved in, along with my impressions and commentary.

THURSDAY, JANUARY 11th

Only my second playing of this new Leo Colovini title. I don't see why it generated some bad press at the Essen show. There's lots to think about during this game and it seems to have several possible strategies to pursue. Sure, there's some hidden elements (which I usually don't like), but they seem to fit well with the game's flow.

Finals:

Mark (6 palaces in 6 districts) Craig (5 palaces in 6 districts) Greg (4 palaces in 6 districts) Charles (2 palaces in 6 districts)

Ratings: Craig 8, Greg 7.5, Mark 7, Charles 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.