Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you want to get your Daytona on, but you don't have the time or inclination for a full three-race game. Why not try out this idea for a single one-off race?

Don't deal out any cash at the start. Instead, when auctioning off the cars before the race, players bid a number of cards from their hand. Players may not bid zero, although they may pass and drop out of the auction. The highest bid chooses their bid number of cards in hand (before taking the 9-card they just won!) and lays them out on the table face up. In order from least number of cards in hand to most, the other players may choose a card from the face-up bid cards and add it to their own hand. If two or more eligible players have the same number of cards in hand, go counter-clockwise from the auction winner. If a player chooses a card and still has the least number of cards, they choose again. Keep choosing until all face-up cards have been claimed. Then auction off the next car, starting with the last winner as usual.

If only one player is eligible to bid on a car, that player must still lay one card face up from their hand, to be claimed as above.

Use the prize money at the end of the race to determine the winner!

Caveat: I totally made this up off the top of my head, and it is completely untested. Let me know if you try it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.