Subject: Must the attacker...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asger Garde
Denmark
Gentofte
Unspecified
flag msg tools
....move all the attacking units into the newly won territory, or can he keep some/all unit where he attacked from.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All units which participated in the attack must move into the new territory. You can however keep a unit out of the attack if you prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
You do not attack units in an adjecent territory.

When executing a March Order, you first move all your units and any units in a terriory with a unit from another house must fight. You are only allowed to enter one territory that contains enemy units during each March Order.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Garde
Denmark
Gentofte
Unspecified
flag msg tools
great...

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
However, technically (see the latest FAQ):

Q: When exactly do I place my Power token to establish control of a region?
A: You do this only when the last of your units physically leave an area. This happens only when your last unit leaves voluntarily, and not when it is killed via Wildling casualties or battle. When Marching into battle, units do not leave their original area until the battle is successfully won. It is therefore possible, when attacking, to lose control of an area should the last of your attacking units be killed by the defender's House Card.

This has come up in our games several times, usually involving supply or a fort (from A Clash of Kings). Also remember that the march order follows the attacking units (Mace Tyrell, using the high-powered card set in A Clash of Kings, for example, allows the march order to remain -- this order follows the attacking army).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haggis wrote:
However, technically (see the latest FAQ):

Q: When exactly do I place my Power token to establish control of a region?
A: You do this only when the last of your units physically leave an area. This happens only when your last unit leaves voluntarily, and not when it is killed via Wildling casualties or battle. When Marching into battle, units do not leave their original area until the battle is successfully won. It is therefore possible, when attacking, to lose control of an area should the last of your attacking units be killed by the defender's House Card.

Whaaa? That doesn't make any sense!

(The FAQ answer for defining attacking & defending units is similarly bogus: it says "attacking units" are "all units located in the area from which the active player is attacking with a March order." No!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, this is all fixed in the latest version of the FAQ, posted June 27:

"Attacking units are all units that march into an area containing units belonging to another player or neutral forces"

AND

"You may establish control over an area whenever one of your units marches out of an area. Units march out of the area they are in before resolving any battles in the area they march into"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
flag msg tools
I too has struggeled with this. (and some other questions)

But so this means that: You can hold a footman back and only attack with a knight from an area, but if you attack with all units you must place a power token in the area you attacked from. (Meaning that you in most battles must place out power tokens, and I think that is bad for the game, and the area you attacked from is free to enter for everyone else.

But units that only support the battle, will remain in the areas they support from, isnt that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperKnott wrote:
I too has struggeled with this. (and some other questions)

But so this means that: You can hold a footman back and only attack with a knight from an area, but if you attack with all units you must place a power token in the area you attacked from. (Meaning that you in most battles must place out power tokens, and I think that is bad for the game, and the area you attacked from is free to enter for everyone else.

You are never required to place power tokens on the board. You can freely abandon an area.

Quote:

But units that only support the battle, will remain in the areas they support from, isnt that correct?

Supporting units do not move.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.