Adam Wehn
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The Winnu/The Yssaril Tribes/The Emirates of Hacan/The Mentak Coalition

Strategy Phase/Game Round 1:

The Winnu choose Trade II.

The Yssaril Tribes choose Technology II.

The Emirates of Hacan choose Production.

The Mentak Coalition choose Leadership.

The Winnu choose Diplomacy II.

The Yssaril Tribes choose Assembly.

The Emirates of Hacan choose Warfare II.

The Mentak Coalition choose Bureaucracy.

Action Phase/Turn 1/Game Round 1:

The Mentak Coalition activate the Arcturus/Sumerian Trade Station system, moving two Cruisers into the system and gaining control of the Sumerian Trade Station.

The Winnu activate Trade II, The Winnu gain 3 trade goods, and the following trade contracts are established. The Emirates of Hacan will trade with The Winnu for 3 trade goods, The Winnu will trade with the Hacan for 3 trade goods, The Emirates of Hacan will trade with The Yssaril Tribes for 3 Trade Goods, The Yssaril Tribes will trade with The Emirates of Hacan for 1 Trade Goods, The Winnu will trade with The Yssaril Tribes for 1 Trade Goods, The Yssaril Tribes will trade with The Winnu for 2 Trade Goods.

The Yssaril tribes activate Bereg/Lirta IV, move carrier, 2 fighters, Agent Ssruu, 2 ground forces, land one ground force on each planet. Lirta IV contains Natural Wealth four, Bereg contains an automated defense system. The automated defense system hits once removing one fighter and the invading ground force.

The Emirates of Hacan activate Warfare II placing the high alert token in their home system.

Action Phase/Turn 2/Game Round 1:

The Mentak Coalition activate Abyz/Fria moving a carrier with 4 ground forces to the system. Landing two ground forces on each planet, invasion combat is initiated on Abyz with one strength hostile locals. Combat round one sees the hostile locals roll 7, The Mentak Coalition roll 1\4 combat continues. Combat round two sees the hostile locals roll 10, The Mentak Coalition rolls 2\7 combat continues. Combat round three sees the hostile locals roll 4, The Mentak Coalition roll 10 combat ends with a successful invasion by The Mentak Coalition.

The Winnu activate Tequ'ran/Torkan, moving a carrier, 3 ground forces, and 2 fighters into the system. Landing 2 ground forces on Tequ'ran and 1 ground force on Torkan, Torkan contains a Biohazard token while Tequ'ran contains a hidden factory. The Winnu lose one ground force on Torkan, the Biohazard token remains in place, the hidden factory contained a cruiser for The Winnu.

The Yssaril Tribes use racial ability to skip their turn.

The Emirates of Hacan activate Production, building one PDS, two ground forces, and two fighters. The Winnu activate secondary of Production to build one cruiser and two ground forces. The Mentak Coalition activate secondary of Production to build one carrier and two ground forces. The Yssaril Tribes activate secondary of Production to build one carrier and two fighters.

Action Phase/Turn 3/Game Round 1:

The Mentak Coalition activate Saudor, loading Admiral Havvat on the cruiser and Agent Kilik on the carrier with two ground forces. Moving the ships to Saudor and landing the ground forces on the planet to uncover the peaceful annexation token.

The Winnu activate Zohbat/Mellon, loading two grounds forces into two cruisers. Moving cruisers to system landing ground forces on Zohbat only, uncovering two strength hostile locals. Invasion combat begins on Zohbat, combat round one has the locals rolling 2\4 and The Winnu roll 6\9. Combat round two has the locals rolling 6 and The Winnu roll 6\7. Combat round three sees the locals rolling 10, The Winnu roll 6\10 resulting in a successful Winnu invasion. The Winnu have discovered the ancient shipwreck artifact scoring them one victory point.

The Yssaril Tribes activate Lisis/Velnor, loading one fighter, one PDS, and three ground forces. Moving to the activated system and probing the planets in the system with the fighter.

The Emirates of Hacan activate Rigel I/Rigel II/Rigel III system, loading two fighters and two ground forces on a carrier. Moving the carrier to the activated system and landing the ground forces on Rigel III. The landing ground forces are taken hostage, The Emirates of Hacan pay the ransom with two political cards in lieu of trade goods.

Action Phase/Turn 4/Game Round 1:

The Mentak Coalition activate Leadership, The Emirates of Hacan pass on using the secondary, The Yssaril Tribes will activate the secondary.

The Winnu activate Diplomacy II, choosing to annex Hope's End. The Emirates of Hacan pass on the secondary, The Mentak Coalition pass on the secondary, The Yssaril Tribes pass on the secondary.

The Yssaril Tribes skip this turn.

The Emirates of Hacan activate Lazar/Sakulag, loading two fighters and four ground forces on carrier. Moving carrier and cruiser to axctivated system, landing two ground forces on each planet. Sakulag reveal one strength hostile locals, Lazar reveals industrial society. Invasion combat begins on Sakulag, combat round one sees the locals rolling 8, The Emirates of Hacan rolling 6\6 losing one ground force. Combat round two sees the locals rolling 6, The Emirates of Hacan roll a 9 ending combat with a successful Hacan invasion.

Action Phase/Turn 5/Game Round 1:

The Mentak Coalition activate Bureaucracy. The public objective revealed is “I won a space battle against at least 3 opposing ships in one system this turn.” joining with “I control 5 planets outside my home system.” The Winnu pass on the secondary, The Emirates of Hacan activate the secondary, The Yssaril Tribes pass on the secondary.

The Winnu pass their turn.

The Yssaril Tribes activate Lodor, loading one fighter on the carrier. Moving the carrier into the system and probing the planet with the fighter.

The Emirates of Hacan activate their home system, building a space dock on Hercant a cruiser and two ground forces on Arretze.

Action Phase/Turn 6/Game Round 1:

The Mentak Coalition activate their home system to build two destroyers.

The Winnu pass.

The Yssaril Tribes skip.

The Emirates of Hacan pass.

Action Phase/Turn 7/Game Round 1:

The Mentak Coalition pass.

The Winnu pass.

The Yssaril Tribes activate Technology II researching Enviro Compensator, The Mentak Coalition pass on the secondary, The Emirates of Hacan pass on the secondary, The Winnu research Sarween Tools technology.

Action Phase/Turn 8/Game Round 1:

The Mentak Coalition pass.

The Winnu pass.

The Yssaril Tribes activate Assembly and choose to become speaker. The Mentak Coalition play the Class Struggle(LAW) political card. The Emirates of Hacan vote against the law with a weight of one, The Mentak Coalition vote for the law with a weight of one, The Winnu vote for the law with a weight of four, The Yssaril Tribes vote for the law with a weight of one. The law is passed with a final vote of 6 for and 1 against.

Status Phase/Game Round 1:

The Winnu choose to exhaust Hope's End for 1 ground force and 1 shock troop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winnu Guardian
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
We haven't gotten there, I'm posting round by round updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Spencer
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mb
Very nice breakdown so far;
me and my mates just played a 7 hr 6 player marathon game last night.
I was the Barony and got bogged down in a quagmire of skirmishes early and often due to my neighbour having the Take over another players home planets secret objective.

Pretty much took me out of an otherwise close game victory point wise, I accepted it as my fate for this game session and we had a blast going back and forth at one another while the other 4 players worked towards actually winning the game.

Though I finished second to last in a tight game, I in no way felt like a loser. Great fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a live game and if so, how do you find the mental concentration to take note of everything, even combat rolls, and also pay attention to the game as a player who is aiming to win? Or, is this a play by forum/email game?

edit - I just played today myself, 4 players, and won!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winnu Guardian
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Mu0n wrote:
Is this a live game and if so, how do you find the mental concentration to take note of everything, even combat rolls, and also pay attention to the game as a player who is aiming to win? Or, is this a play by forum/email game?

edit - I just played today myself, 4 players, and won!

It's a play by mail game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB L1Z1X
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the Hacan player in this game. I was worried the lack of face to face would result in a colder game, but we had heated excited arguments / negotiations about trade right off the bat. Our GM is doing a fantastic job guiding the game and logging the moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
faintpremonition wrote:
I'm the Hacan player in this game. I was worried the lack of face to face would result in a colder game, but we had heated excited arguments / negotiations about trade right off the bat. Our GM is doing a fantastic job guiding the game and logging the moves.

Is only the GM maintaining a live version of the setup, or are you also making your own copies of it at home as the other players?

How do you deal with action/political cards? GM has to learn what they are and transmits them to you? Does he also play as one of the 4 players?

It seems like it's an interesting task to tackle on, without the support of something which could dispense random cards for all, like in Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wehn
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Mu0n wrote:
faintpremonition wrote:

Is only the GM maintaining a live version of the setup, or are you also making your own copies of it at home as the other players?

How do you deal with action/political cards? GM has to learn what they are and transmits them to you? Does he also play as one of the 4 players?

It seems like it's an interesting task to tackle on, without the support of something which could dispense random cards for all, like in Vassal.

I am not playing to make things fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winnu Guardian
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
It's likely that this game has collapsed due to a poor sport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.