Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Geiger
United States
Stewartsville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hmm.

After playing through the expansion this weekend I saw that all of my tiles, cards, and little marker things are all mixed together.

Has this happened to anyone else and should I be concerned? I know I can easily take out the terrain tiles using the list on the back of the box and the markers using the images on this site, but how about the development cards? Should it matter that I have mixed them in with the original ones? Resource cards dont matter either as having extra is always good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your expansion rulebook should come with a components list, as should your base game rulebook. I can't remember the details but I think there are 6 soldiers and an extra Monopoly, Year of Plenty and Road-building in the expansion. There is no extra 1VP card, so the main effect of leaving the packs shuffled together is to reduce the frequencey of VP cards.

The tokens are a pain, last time I played this we had 3 11s next to each other cos we had messed the tokens up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bandit Ripshawd
United States
Sioux Center
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Use a film canister to hold your chits. That way, you can get a seperate one for the base game, and one for the expansion. Label them on the top and, viola!, no more chit mess!

Works great for other games as well (I have my PR set divided into film canisters, one for each of the different numbers of players. Works great.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Peterson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
The progress cards probably should be seperated, but I don't think it is the end of the world, however the numbers can be very bad when mixed up, I had this problem a while ago and e mailed Mayfair and they sent me a list of which numbers belong to which set, I don't have this list anymore (I have mark the backs of the # chips so this won't happen again) but I am sure if you e mail them at custserv@mayfairgames.com you can get the full list of numbers and probably all the components too.

Michelle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I typed up this player aid specifically for these situations:

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=13271

Philip Thomas wrote:
The tokens are a pain, last time I played this we had 3 11s next to each other cos we had messed the tokens up...

That's partially correct. The H and I in the expansion are both 11s. I noticed that for the first time while putting together the aforementioned player aid. It still strikes me as rather odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Geiger
United States
Stewartsville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Salt-Man Z:

That's great!

That chart will come in handy. I am printing it out and putting it in my box. It will be a nice addition to the rest of the stuff.

GameGirl21:

Thanks for the email address!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really think that Mayfair should label all expansion parts.

I put a mark on each expansion piece so I can always separate them. So I have unlabelled pieces, pieces with a "SF", with a "5-6", and with a "SF5-6". It works out well, just be tidy and put the label somewhere that it doesn't distract during the game. Don't label the backs of the hex tiles or the cards - the hex tiles need to all look alike during some seafarers expansions, and the cards of course need to all look alike also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Atkinson
Australia
flag msg tools
I invested in half a dozen zip-lock bags and labeled them with marker pen, so I know what set of number chits came out of which game (as I only open one set at a time, it's all good).

That said, I don't ever intend to play Settlers without using Cities & Knights expansion again - it just opens up the game.

So, basically, all my cards, etc, are in their own stacks, but I have the number chits carefully separated.

Ack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Salt-man z, your link now gives "file not found". Is it I still available somewhere? We needed it today to straighten out our discs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
so, there's totally no way to identify which component comes from which set? Aw that's a bit painful. I thought the cards/tiles would have something like a 5-6 printed on them for easy sorting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Goss
United States
Upland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the numbers on expansion pieces are a slightly different color than the base game. The black numbers are more brownish in color and the red numbers are more pale in the expansion. It also could have been a bad printing whistle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.