Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Cope
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having a "Guys Game Night" some time in the future where we will have the opportunity to have an all-nighter gaming session with no family-type interruptions. A&A will probably get played.

My question is if anyone has any experience on a real good way to teach the game to 4 new players? I have never played, but have read the rules thoroughly several times and feel pretty confident.

I was thinking abuot starting with unit explanation, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alan Henning
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would use the reference cards as teaching aides.

For teaching battle, I would pass around the battle board, which I think is an excellent visual aid.

For an initial game, I'd avoid National Advantages, which are confusing for a first-time out, when there are so many other details that need to be mastered.

We just played our first game using the revised rules this week, and found that the rules involving subs and destroyers were the most complicated, as are the rules around amphibious assaults. So you might want to take a minute to clarify those.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Carmichael
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the best way is to give a unit by unit analysis and explain the all importand fodder. Then, they can learn more by playing and watching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.