Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played any of these games? If so, which ones and how were they? They cover some interesting topics but I still hesitate to spend even their low prices without knowing a little bit about the gams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Whyte
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own (and want to trade/sell) Erie Canal. Never played, but read the rules.
See my comments on that game's page. Nice to look at, but a roll and move game with little choice except whether to overload your boat at the start.

Perhaps a better game can be designed using the components included...

Still, for those of us who never lived in the Canal era, it does provide an interesting overview of what canals were all about.

I hope the other CH games are better in terms of game play, but I've never seen them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jhonna Niver
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Longhorn and Remember the Alamo. The games themselves are pretty straightforward and come with a spinner. There's also a lot of historical background. The graphics are really good. Basically it's a print and play game already printed out for you to assemble and play. The maps are well done and pretty accurate! It's a good teaching game for a school, but I don't know how much fun it would be for playing a game for FUN.

I plan to use them for my middle school gaming group next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Carlsen
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
badge
Tri-City Area Gaming
mbmbmbmb
Just picked up and played The Underground Railroad 3 times, first with just myself and then two plays with my wife. I think it was worth the ~$8 we paid for it. We'll be playing it with our kids (6 & 8) with two rule changes to make the game more interesting (more card draw and modified slave-catcher movement/placement).

I think the house tokens and the cards were a bit small and may print larger copies if the tiny font bugs me too much. The spinner was a bit stiff a first, but putting it together and taking it apart a few times loosened it up enough that it spins nicely now. We glued the spinner diagram to a mini-cd (perfect size) and connected the spinner to it through a hole in the jewel case - this works perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.