Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the official discussion thread for the Tucson RinCon No Ship Math Trade:

Math Trade GeekList: Tucson RinCon No Ship Math Trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dunkle
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add more stuff later, just ran out of gas. Spent a bunch of time today prepping stuff to sell through Amazon, took the life out of me. Toys in this case, but still. No energy to go check the garage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bdunkle wrote:
I'll add more stuff later, just ran out of gas. Spent a bunch of time prepping stuff to sell through Amazon, took the life out of me. Toys in this case, but still. No energy to go check the garage.

Yeah, I'll probably add a few more items depending on how the current big US math trade turns out. I also have a bunch of smaller game so I might throw together a few bundles from those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in sourcebooks for the Call of Cthulhu RPG. If anyone has those to put up for trade, I'll totally fight people for them.

And win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:
I'm interested in sourcebooks for the Call of Cthulhu RPG. If anyone has those to put up for trade, I'll totally fight people for them.

And win.

I'm very tempted to go buy some books and instigate this fight, just so I can see "Call of Cthulu sourcebooks" in a police report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:
bdunkle wrote:
I'll add more stuff later, just ran out of gas. Spent a bunch of time prepping stuff to sell through Amazon, took the life out of me. Toys in this case, but still. No energy to go check the garage.

Yeah, I'll probably add a few more items depending on how the current big US math trade turns out. I also have a bunch of smaller game so I might throw together a few bundles from those.

Same here. I have a fair amount of stuff to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Posted this in the comments section at the bottom but thought I'd add it here.

Is it possible to get a link to this mathtrade posted to the main RinCon site? I know there are lots of Tucson BGG users who are not necessarily part of this core group of diehard traders who camp the bookmans and fleamarket geeklists. The more people we can get in on the math trade, the more trades are actually possible.

When I get home this evening, I will also post a link to the Marana Dice & Decks group on Facebook (since Daniel somehow made me an admin.)

I love trading but would just prefer to spend my RinCon time playing games than sitting at the flea market while people oggle my goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Also, here's my request list, if anyone has these and are on the fence about adding them:

Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan
I'd also like to see a copy of Tammany Hall

Stephen, I may actually have old Cthulu books in the classroom. I will dig.

edit: nope. I have old D&D 3e.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MScrivner wrote:
Posted this in the comments section at the bottom but thought I'd add it here.

Is it possible to get a link to this mathtrade posted to the main RinCon site? I know there are lots of Tucson BGG users who are not necessarily part of this core group of diehard traders who camp the bookmans and fleamarket geeklists. The more people we can get in on the math trade, the more trades are actually possible.

When I get home this evening, I will also post a link to the Marana Dice & Decks group on Facebook (since Daniel somehow made me an admin.)

I love trading but would just prefer to spend my RinCon time playing games than sitting at the flea market while people oggle my goods.

I tweeted a link to the MT to @rincongames and #rincongames when I started it up, but I don't know that it was ever retweeted. I would love to hit a bigger audience, but I'm worried that most folks outside of BGG will have no idea what a Math Trade is and would probably be more inclined to just participate in the live Flea Market. Granted, there are likely many active BGG'ers who do not participate in the guild, so branching out to Dice & Decks and the Rincon page would certainly not be a bad idea. There's some great stuff in the Math Trade this year and I'll love to see a few dozen trades come out of it. That being said, I don't know who's doing to RinCon web page -- Seth would likely be the best contact for this.

I could also work with Scott Perger to post notices about the MT is a few of the other nearby guilds (Phx, Flagstaff, etc.) I know he was advertising RinCon in general through a few of them last week, so posting there again along with MT info might churn up a few more registrations and participants.

And to overshare for just a moment, Matt, the main reason I'm going to RinCon this year is to oggle your goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just call me the Rincon PIMP... post these everywhere Marana Dice nand Decks would be a great market, somehow Daniel always attracts the "new" gamers to the group... of course he advertises the crap outta it (in a GOOD way)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added my games. Let the party begin!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dunkle
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still plan to add more stuff, but if there's anything on my trade list anyone would like to see in this trade, let me know and I'll probably throw them in there. So far I see some stuff I'd like to trade for, though it will probably fall in the category of "cool game I acquire but never get a chance to play".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have access to a trade for an still-in-shrink copy of In the Year of the Dragon. I'm not interested in it, but was thinking about seeing if there was enough interest for it to add to the Math Trade. Any takers? Should I pull the trigger on the trade just so that I can put it up on the Math Trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MScrivner wrote:

I'd also like to see a copy of Tammany Hall

I have a copy that I can't wait to play, so obviously I'm not ready to trade it yet. I know that Game Daze at Park Place has one final copy available last I checked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I think I have a basic handle on the math trade thing, my one question is what does it mean when I see in certain items in the description people write 'I will submit a blank want list for this'?

I thought that we all submit just one want list at the deadline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glamrox wrote:
So I think I have a basic handle on the math trade thing, my one question is what does it mean when I see in certain items in the description people write 'I will submit a blank want list for this'?

I thought that we all submit just one want list at the deadline.

You will submit one giant Want list at the end, but within that overall list you have a separate list for each of the items you've offered indicating what you'd be willing to trade for. For example, I'll take Monopoly or Yahtzee for D-Day Dice, but I'm only willing to take Monopoly for Pastiche. If you decide you do not want to trade an item (or it's no longer available), you can just leave all of the Wants blank for that particular item. Such as, I'll take Monopoly or Yahtzee for D-Day Dice, but there's nothing on this crummy list I'm willing to take for Pastiche.

You can always submit a Want list with zero wants for any or all of your items even if you don't indicate you'll be doing so -- sometimes people just like to update the list item indicating that item is no longer available as a courtesy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glamrox wrote:
Got it.

While it is confusing, I can explain some at Dice and Decks also... and... look who got himself an avatar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I love my new avatar! Thanks again to Mike. That's my face when I lose (which is most of the time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder - this weekend is the last opportunity to get a game into the printed schedule... so if you'd like to run a game, now's the time to submit it!

Here's a direct link to the submission form: http://rincongames.com/index.php/games/run-a-game

Thanks - I'm looking forward to October 4th!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan K
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
unlpat wrote:
Ok, so what do I do first?

Patrick,

The best practice, in my experience, when you are posting a game on the Geeklist for the math trade, is to list 3 pieces of information in the description:

- What edition of the game you are trading (i.e. Rio Grande 2007 English Edition)

- What condition the box is in

- What condition the game itself is in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomorrow is the last day to add items to the list! Then we finally get to start playing with a page full of hopes and dreams, cleverly disguised as check boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am way more excited than I should be. Very eager to see the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So no luck getting
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to contribute to the trade, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glamrox wrote:
So no luck getting
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to contribute to the trade, huh?

There's a chance he'll still jump in, but I understand if math trades just aren't everyone's cup of tea. Heck, cups of tea aren't even my cup of tea! Although, all he really needs to do is create a list item for Rolling Freight, then come back next week and check all the boxes next to my stuff. Easy peasy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.