Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We recently decided to introduce one of our friends to this amazing game. He had already played Age of Steam, so was quite familiar with most of the gameplay. I set up routes in the northeast which served me well. However, my long term goal was to lay a golden spike, so I gradually worked my way round the mountains and headed across the board fuelled by my routes in the northeast.
Meanwhile, my son and his friend had started centrally and were literally getting under each others feet and i could see that as a result, the towns were rapidly depleting as more and more markers appeared on the board. I made use of a couple of good Operation cards connecting some long routes which saw me leaping ahead on the score track. This only made them more determined to end the game by depleting more towns to slow me that way... of course it didn't work and I ended up winning with a huge lead... our friend is eager to get his revenge in a rematch..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.