4 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anonymous Ben
msg tools
Hello. I just picked up this game the other day and I have a few questions:

1. Does the magic trait allow you to add black dice when using runes to attack? Example: If I am Mad Cathos, can I use an immolation rune and roll three black dice in addition to the red and green?

2. If a chest has an explosive rune, mimic, or curse of the monkey god, do the heros still get the treasure? If so, do they need to reopen the chest or do they get the treasure right away?

3. About the guard order. Can I place a guard order on my hero and use it right away on an adjacent ennemy as soon as the overlord starts his turn, or do I have to wait until an ennemy comes in range or moves adjacent to my character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bennie wrote:
1. Does the magic trait allow you to add black dice when using runes to attack? Example: If I am Mad Cathos, can I use an immolation rune and roll three black dice in addition to the red and green?

Yes. Most (if not all) runes have the grey fireball symbol, indicating that they employ a magic attack. If your character has 3 dice in magic, then he adds them to any magic attack he makes.

bennie wrote:
2. If a chest has an explosive rune, mimic, or curse of the monkey god, do the heros still get the treasure? If so, do they need to reopen the chest or do they get the treasure right away?

Chests work like this:
1. Turn the chest over to see its number.
2. Check the number against the listed result for the quest you're playing.
3. If there are any curses, you immediately gain a Threat token for each Hero per quest (Chest has 2 curses and you have 3 Heroes, you get 6 Threat.)
4. If you have any Curses in your hand, you may immediately pay their Threat cost (and discard other cards to get more tokens) and play them up to the limit of the number of curses listed for that chest for that quest.
5. The curse is resolved. If it's explosive rune or curse of the monkey god, you simply resolve the damage or transformation and then hand out whatever treasure is contained. If it's Mimic, they have to defeat the Mimic first, then you hand out the treasure.

bennie wrote:
3. About the guard order. Can I place a guard order on my hero and use it right away on an adjacent ennemy as soon as the overlord starts his turn, or do I have to wait until an ennemy comes in range or moves adjacent to my character?

You can use it as soon as the Overlord activates a monster (e.g. grabs a figure and starts to move it and/or declares an attack from a figure on a Hero.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to add for question 1:

Keep in mind that fatigue can be spent for extra dice AFTER you roll. Therefore anyone can add extra oomph to an attack. You are, however, limited to the available dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

Power dice(black dice), u can have the maximum of 5 in total, not more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.