Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Smith
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted on the 3/13 semi-daily "FFG Rants" at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/rants.html there are some details about the upcoming WoW board game expansion: Shattered Kingdom.

Woot!

It also talks about many other releases for the rest of the year from FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW!! So many games and expansions, it is going to be a busy year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I posted on FFG's board, but I'll surmise the post here...

I'm amazed they are adding another 20 cards to the class decks (bringing them up to 50). How they are going to (a) not overwhelm newbies and (b) keep diversity among the characters is beyond me. I hope they can do it.

I'm most excited about the new quest deck for blue creatures and the Overlords adding more cards to the Event Deck.

As Mr. Skeltor said in another thread, I'm hoping one of the expansions boosts finds that something which changes the game from a good game to a great game... even though I have no idea what that will be.

The one downside... It doesn't look like anything is going to make the game take less time. If anything, the expansion(s) seem like it will make the game take longer... *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Yoder
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowTerp wrote:

I'm amazed they are adding another 20 cards to the class decks (bringing them up to 50). How they are going to (a) not overwhelm newbies and (b) keep diversity among the characters is beyond me. I hope they can do it.

One good thing about 20 new class cards: there will be more "non-combat" abilities. Right? Please? I hope they aren't just going to add 20 new ways to get extra dice, attrition, and reroll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, you just need to be honest with yourself and others that the game will take awhile. There is room for longer games, if they are worth it. I am finding that WoW is just barely ahead of that line right now; maybe the expansion or 2 will push it far ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.