Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Novitzki
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently purchased the “Klaus Teuber Classics” version of Barbarossa. I have been able to play it five times with much enjoyment. However, I was wondering if there is a slight problem to the new version as a result of streamlining the original rules.

It seems to be in your advantage to make your sculptures as difficult as possible, since there is no penalty at the end of the game for no-one guessing your work. In the few games I played, it seems the person with the least guessed works did very well. Also, since the last works were very hard to get, the winner stumbled across the finish line with the help of a bunch of “Dragons.”

Does anyone else have thoughts on this matter? Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Cope
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a rule out there that says you take a -5 point penalty if at the end of the game, your sculpture has no arrows in it and a -3 point penalty if it has 1 arrow.

I just played this game this weekend with the above rule and it worked out well. Me and another guy were neck and neck, but one of his sculptures was impossible to determine. I won because both my sculptures were guessed in the middle of the game and I had no penalty - he had the -5 penalty and lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They took that rule out in the new edition? That's insane. That rule makes the whole game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.