Subject: Good customer service from FFG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know someone mentioned on another thread that these were annoying, but I find these notices (good and bad) to be very helpful. Anyway, I'll keep it brief.

Acquired a copy of A Game of Thrones, and when I opened the box noticed right away that one of the tokens was missing from one of the sheets. Thinking it might have just fallen through into the box, I searched the rest of the box but no luck. It was the Baratheon Special Order token (defend +2), so it was sort of an important piece.

Spoke with FFG rep on the phone, explained the situation. He took my info, and two weeks later I have my replacement piece. He even emailed me letting me know when the piece shipped.

This is the second time I've had great service from them, as when I purchased a copy of LOTR: Confrontation it was missing one of the Shadow player stands. Same deal, two weeks later part arrived.

Very pleasant, fast, and friendly service. In a perfect world no game would ever ship with missing parts, but when it happens its good to know you can count on a fast resolution to the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. A friend of mine got a mispacked copy of Descent. He e-mailed them a couple of times and never got a response. He decided to just mail in the pieces he got duplicates of with a letter explaining what he was missing and he never got a response from them. As far as I know he is still waiting to get the missing figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. Both times I spoke with them it was by phone rather than e-mail. The guy's name was Jim who helped me. I would try Fantasy Flight's phone # listed on their webpage.

That's bad to hear, though, I hope your friend gets things squared away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Me, too. I have heard generally good things about FFG's customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
Wow. A friend of mine got a mispacked copy of Descent. He e-mailed them a couple of times and never got a response. He decided to just mail in the pieces he got duplicates of with a letter explaining what he was missing and he never got a response from them. As far as I know he is still waiting to get the missing figures.

In my experience, a phone call will always create a faster response than email. Of course I'm over 40 so I remember when there were phones and NO email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.