Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Schramek
United States
Gridley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am taking the Family to Indy for a couple of days at the end of the month. We'll do the Zoo and the Kid's Muesum, but I want to to take a side trip to a good game shop. I would even like to go to a good comic shop even though I have not bought comics in about 7 years. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Hunsucker
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Preserve is pretty prevalent. They're in one of the malls there, you can find the location here:

www.gamepreserve.com

The one here in Bloomington is a little more focused on minatures and CCG's, but I've heard good things about the one in Indy.

I know there's another one that's not affiliated with GP, but I've never been there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Wolfe
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the northside, there's Boardroom Games -- it's on Broad Ripple Avenue in the little strip mall next to Broad Ripple High School (David Letterman's alma mater). They have more eurogames than Game Preserve, and a large collection of used D&D books.

I can't speak for which comic shops are the best, but there's one a little further north on Keystone, in one of the little strip malls in front of Wal-Mart, just north of 71st street. (Lots of strip malls in this town!)

Edited to add: there are two Game Preserves in Indy: on the south side on SR 31, and on the north side in the Fashion Mall at Keystone at the Crossing (86th & Keystone). They're quite focused on Magic and Warhammer, and have a big selection of party and kids' games, but are not so well stocked (or trained!) on Eurogames...

Enjoy your trip --

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.