Popular Tags: [View All]
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BANG!
Our next game is set to become a "legend" in our Bang! gaming history. A 7-player game of Bang!, the only gamesters who have not played this game was Mohd Hadi. The other gamesters joining this game were Alan, Jacques, Neoh, Jeff, Wai Keen and Kah Yee.

The town of Bahtera has been living a quiet and peaceful existence in the Wild West. Hadi aka Slab the Killer who once gunned down 10 people in cold blood, has now retired and is the Sheriff of Bahtera, vowing to keep the law and order here to atone for his past crimes. No one dared cross him for he is known for his accuracy with guns (you need two Missed card to avoid a hit when he bangs you). His Sheriff's office is supported by two deputies.

(aka = also known as)

Quote:
I wake up in the morning
And I raise my weary head
I got an old coat for a pillow
And the earth was last night's bed
I don't know where I'm going
Only God knows where I've been
I'm a devil on the run
A six gun lover
A candle in the wind
(Blaze of Glory - Bon Jovi)

But unknown to Sheriff Hadi, two outlaws have already infiltrated into the town, slipping silently and mingling with the townsfolk. Their intention is to take out Hadi (to avenge the death of their friend who was one of the 10 gunned down by Hadi) and then take over the Sheriff's office in Bahtera in order to get a big piece of the gambling corruption here.

The two outlaws were following their game plan when one fine day, an infamous person walked into town. Alan aka Willy the Kid was rumored to have been murdered by the Apaches on his last run from the Law in the town of Sotton.

His unannounced appearance made everyone nervous. He's not known as a "loose gun" for nothing... legend has it that he can unload a full barrel on you without blinking an eye (he's the only character in Bang! who can fire more than one Bang! card per turn). This made him Public Enemy #1.

Quote:
When you're brought into this world
They say you're born in sin
Well at least they gave me something
I didn't have to steal or have to win

The two outlaws inconspicuously tried to make contact with Alan, wanting to determine whether he's on their side or against them. With such a powerful gunman, it's important to know which side of the line he stands on.

Sheriff Hadi walked up to him, eyeballed him, said Hello and asked him to leave town before the end of the day if he wanted no blood to be shed. Alan merely minded his own business and spoke not a single word. His silence unsettled even more people. But everyone knew how deadly he is especially now that he carries a Remington (range 3).

Quote:
Well they tell me that I'm wanted
Yeah I'm a wanted man
I'm colt in your stable
I'm what Cain was to Abel
Mister catch me if you can

While the whole town was contemplating what they should do should Alan overstay his welcome in Bahtera, Jeff walked in and started firing on Alan... they exchanged a few shots. Alan got hit... and retreated to the barn. Jeff showed everyone his Deputy badge and asked for his other deputy to help him. He also asked the Sheriff to leave this "small matter" to him.

Quote:
I'm going down in a blaze of glory
Take me now but know the truth

Jacques and Wai Keen offered Jeff their help in fighting Alan. The gunfight was fierce but because Alan was wounded by Jeff's surprise attack earlier, and being surrounded by three gunmen, the odds were heavily stacked against him and even legends fall.... The killing shot was made by Jeff (who got 3 bonus cards).

Quote:
I'm going down in a blaze of glory
Lord I never drew first
But I drew first blood
I'm no one's son
Call me young gun

It turned out Alan has been outlawed in the town of Sotton and was perhaps seeking refuge here. What everyone did not know of course was that Alan's here to take down the Sheriff and hopefully can convince the other two Outlaws to work with him. He knew the two outlaws have gotten into this town but have not yet ascertain their identities.

Jeff asked which of Jacques and Wai Keen was his deputy buddy and Jacques kept silent. Wai Keen offered his badge. Jeff started getting suspicious of Jacques since he has been in Bahtera only recently but have built a growing and very strong circle of influence among the townsfolk. If he stands against the Sheriff, it can be a tough call.

So he decided to check Jacques out. Found some loots stashed at his place. It was then that Jacques came back with Neoh. When confronted Jacques knew his cover was blown and drew his pistol. While Jacques was dueling with Jeff, Neoh drew his pistol and shot Jacques in the head.

Jeff discovered Jacques to be one of the two outlaws who have been hiding in their town (another 3 bonus cards). Neoh told Jeff he had long suspected Jacques to have some evil schemes and thus worked undercover to find out the truth. Neoh said he is the true deputy and he's not sure who Wai Keen is.

Both Jeff and Neoh began to suspect Wai Keen could be Jacques partner-in-crime or a renegade.

While all these was happening, someone (Kah Yee) threw a dynamite into the Sheriff's office, causing the Sheriff to be badly wounded (3 life points left after one beer). Jeff turned in Jacques body to the Sheriff and offered to flush out the partner-in-crime together with Neoh. As they left the Sheriff's office, a posse of Indians attacked. The Sheriff was cornered and in his weakened state, an arrow could be fatal.

Jeff returned to drive away the Indians. Neoh saw that incident.

While the Sheriff was recuperating from his dynamite wounds (by drinking.. what else, but beers!), someone took sniping shots at him, hitting the Sheriff on the chest.... Jeff, Neoh and Wai Keen gave chase... it turned out to be Kah Yee, a young lady who came to this town about the same time as Jacques. Could they be partners-in-crime?

Kah Yee professed her innocence and claimed she too was chasing the person who shot the Sheriff. While they were questioning Kah Yee, some rogue cowboys were moving in to the Sheriff's office with gatling, powerful machine guns that can gun a person down mercilessly.

Wai Keen quickly rushed back to protect the Sheriff, Jeff followed while Neoh stayed to guard Kah Yee.

Wai Keen was the first to arrive back to the Sheriff's office but instead of disarming the rogue cowboys, he hesitated while the cowboys let loose the gatling onto the Sheriff's office. Thankfully Jeff arrived on time to take out the rogue cowboys... the Sheriff miraculously survived the gatling attack with some slight wound.

When asked by Jeff why he did not response, Wai Keen simply claimed he was shocked by the gatling and couldn't react. Jeff related the incident back to Neoh and they both strongly suspected Wai Keen to be a renegade else why would he let a gatling attack be carried out on a weakened Sheriff?

Kah Yee was put in jail but later released due to non-evidence. Neoh was still suspicious and tailed her.

Wai Keen went to check out Jeff's house and found something that's very incriminating to Jeff. While he was rushing back to town to inform the Sheriff, he was ambushed by an Indians attack. The last thing he remembered seeing was Jeff's sly grin before the bullet slammed into his head.

Quote:
You ask about my consience
And I offer you my soul
You ask If I'll grow to be a wise man
Well I ask if I'll grow old
You ask me if I known love
And what it's like to sing songs in the rain
Well, I've seen love come
And I've seen it shot down
I've seen it die in vain

Neoh was getting worried and wondered where both Jeff and Wai Keen went. He knew one of them has to be the renegade but just not sure whom. As he was pacing up and down in the town hall, he saw Kah Yee approaching. He smiled at her and before he knew what happened, she drew both her Schofields and shot at him.

Wounded but not fatally, Neoh dragged himself into the town hall. Darn.. I knew she was the outlaw, he said to himself. She lit a dynamite and threw it into the town hall. Half the town hall was blown up... and as Neoh dragged himself on the ground, all blood and dying.... Kah Yee calmly walked up and emptied both Schofields into Neoh. Not even a single word was said. Cold and calculated killer.

Quote:
Shot down in a blaze of glory
'Cause I'm going down in a blaze of glory
Lord I never drew first
But I drew first blood
I'm the devil's son
Call me young gun

Everyone heard the commotion and fights.. Sheriff Hadi knew it's now or never. He has both a cold brutal outlaw (Kah Yee) and a devious cunning renegade (Jeff) who caused directly and indirectly the death of both his deputies, advancing on his office.

Both his deputies were murdered in cold blood and he knew these two won't spare him either. They take no prisoners. Looks like even Slab the Killer is not invulnerable.

Quote:
Each night I go to bed
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
No I ain't looking for forgiveness
But before I'm six foot deep
Lord, I got to ask a favor
And I'll hope you'll understand
'Cause I've lived life to the fullest
Let the boy die like a man
Staring down the bullet
Let me make my final stand

Both Renegade Jeff and Outlaw Kah Yee now ganged up on the Sheriff who's making possibly his last stand at his own office. He's aware his reputation as Slab the Killer still preceded him and both Jeff and Kah Yee were still mindful of his killer instinct. But against these two brutal cold murderers, even that killer instinct and reputation may not count for much.

Kah Yee again lit her trademark dynamite and threw it into the Sheriff's office. Somehow - perhaps God was looking over the Sheriff's shoulder - the dynamite fuse was not lit properly. The Sheriff took that opportunity to re-lit the fuse and chucked it out towards the two killers.

Kah Yee took the full brunt of the explosion.... critically wounded, she could only look helplessly as Jeff smiled while he put two bullets from his Remington through her skull.

Jeff asked the Sheriff for a duel. Sheriff Hadi hesitantly obliged.. both starred at each other, drew and emptied their pistols into each other. Both fell to the ground but it was the Sheriff who survived the last duel. Barely.....

Quote:
Shot down in a blaze of glory
I'm going out in a blaze of glory
Lord I never drew first
But I drew first blood
and I'm no one's son
Call me young gun
I'm a young gun

The roll call (* indicates surviving player)

Sheriff - Mohd Hadi*
Deputies - Wai Keen, Neoh
Outlaws - Alan, Jacques, Kah Yee
Renegade - Jeff

-----------------------------------------------------------
Click here for the full gaming report with photos
http://boardgamecafe.net/community/blogs/boardgamecafe_net/a...

For boardgaming activities in Malaysia, Singapore and Australia, check out www.boardgamecafe.net

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.