Jamie McQuinn
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished reading the (mercifully locked) thread on the "bad customer service incident" at a game store.

One comment made in that thread was exactly a thought I have had about this website: Just as you have a HUGE and USEFUL database of every board game under the sun, could BGG not also provide a database of game stores?

Often when travelling I like to know if there is a game store in the area. Sometimes I have been suprised to learn of a store relatively close to my home that I hadn't heard of... I would love to be able to search for game stores by city, state, area code, etc.

Obviously, it would be up to the store to keep their information up to date... and to be fair, e-retailers could have a section too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a great idea. Would eliminate a whole lot of forum threads asking for game stores in cities that are being visited. I know someone in the past tried to collect a lot of this information, but it's probably hard to display effectively in either the forums or a GeekList, so perhaps there's a better way to collect/display the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would make use of this, it'd be a great service to the users. Plus I think Aldie could charge a small fee to stores to dress up their listing kind of like the yellow pages which would generate advertising dollars.

Sounds like a potential win/win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/67027

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two links in the other thread seem to be dead links.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilder
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulBravey wrote:
The two links in the other thread seem to be dead links.

http://mkgray.com:8000/cgi-bin/gamestore.pl still works for me, though you'll have to cut-and-paste it since the : reeks havoc with the auto-link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.