Subject: Advantageous Position and strongholds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Domeij
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Can the combat effect "Advantageous Position" be played to cancel for example "Relentless Assault", even when defending a stronghold? I have assumed that a stronghold allready IS an advantageous position so those cards must be used when defending elsewere, but that could be a wrong assumption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes it can, but the problem is that you have to know they are playing a card of that nature for it to be worthwhile to play advantageous position, because otherwise it is wasted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, also works against Devilry of Orthanc.

Also note it just says the defending army must be inside the borders of a Free Peoples Nation, it never says the defending army must be free peoples. So you can use this when trying to retake your own strongholds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Domeij
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies! I have had games where I have had not one, but two of these effects in my hand of 6 cards, unable to play the events but the SP attacking my strongholds. Better "waste" them to counter a possible combat effect when I may have to discard them anyway.
Never thought of advantegous Attack position, but of course that exists (Gandalf & the Rohirrim at Helms Deep).
Now I will be harder to beat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.