Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Guinard
United States
Rockaway Park
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hey there guys, I just joined up today. Okay, Im trying to figure out the name of a game that was similar to Which Witch, but was much newer than the 70's. It had all these traps that you set, like the staircase that would knock the pawns down, but the board was very similar to that of Which Witch. I believe it would have been out in the mid-80's or so. It is definitely not 1313 Dead End Drive, because that only has one large room area, this had more than one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Iwan
United States
Douglas
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg,

I think you may be looking for this:

The Real Ghostbusters
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/4893

I have this game and it plays the exact same as Which Witch. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Guinard
United States
Rockaway Park
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Wow...appreciate the fast reply. Funny, I don't remember it being Ghostbuster-themed, but I do remember the black staircase and the little skull thing you drop inside it. Guess my memory is failing at 32 years of age Thanks for the quick reply...you rock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is odd. I had a game when I was a kid that used that staircase and dropping skull, but the board was different, and it was not Ghostbusaters-themes. The skull could go a few different ways. Either down the stairs, knocking out whoever was on the stairs, or knocking down an axe, or fall into a basket, making a skeleton flip out and kick away whoever was standing on a certain spot. Or a fourth way, can't remember right now.

This was probably late 80s-early 90s. Possibly it was named "Spökslottet" ("Ghost Castle"), but I can't remember right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ollie Read
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I've got Ghost Castle and it sounds like it's what you were thinking of. It's weird seeing that Ghostbusters game cos it looks like it's got the exact same plastic staircase just different cardboard walls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.