BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Fill In The Blank -- Boardgame Inserts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My latest post muses on the functional design of boardgame inserts.

Original link pointed to blog entry. Blog is now defunct. The linked articled was published on BGG:

How Publishers Can Intelligently Organize What's In The Box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Swedlund
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent blog post! You've put lots of thought into an issue that seems pedestrian but has a huge impact on our games. I, too, was recently confounded by the sideways-stacking money chit wells in Edel, Stein & Reich.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There was no game I carried more carefully than La Cittá because even the slightest vertical inclination would send bajillions of bits flying out of their compartments. Great tray for holding bits horizontally, absolutely horrible for transporting.

I'm a big fan of the ticket to ride trays where there's a place for everything and bits usually stay where they need to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent material!

I would like to note that a tip I got from BGG a while back is to use metal-less hair bands (the cloth covered ones that have their ends fused together instead of crimped with a piece of metal) to hold your cards together. The fingerwells in inserts accommodate the extra material and they are very gentle on the cards without worrying about melting onto the cards as we've seen with other old rubber banded cards in the thrift shops, so it will help with games such as Colossal Arena or Bohnanza where the card stacks overflow the inserts.

Good job on everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback!

For La Citta, use baggies for the peeps, food counters, and gold. I haven't had any issue with other bits flying about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.