Subject: Are this expansions or different games??HELP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Estrada
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
Seafarers and Cities & knights of Catan.
I have settlers of catan, and the settlers of catan expansion 5-6 players.

Because i was gonna add either seafarer or cities, to create a settler's game for up to 8 players.Anyone knows??

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seafarers and Cities and Knights are expansions to Settlers, but they do not add extra players--they just let the original four (or 5-6, if you get the extra-player expansions for them) do different things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Alfred said. It might be possible to create a 7-8 player game by purchasing another 5-6 player expansion, colouring the pieces differently, and then figure out a new hex- and number-distribution. I don't know anyone who tried it though, and I have no idea how the game would play with that many people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Knoerzer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a 8 player varient called "peanut". The board is created with two settlers games. (I have a few additions and have eight colors) You build the boards by rows of 3454334543 which creates two board sisde by side connected by the row of three. Put the water around the two boards so you create one island. It creates the shape of a peanut. Use all the 3 for 1 ports, 2 sheep ports and one of each of the rest. This should cover the both boards. Play the expansion rules where you can build on some one elses turn if they built. The game is slow with toms of downtime. Not very good in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Peanut" setup is from Mayfair's 2nd edition of Settlers, which has 4 new player colors. Be warned, though, that if you can track down the 2nd edition, there are no Seafarers or C&K expansions for it, and the other components (hexes and cards) are incompatible* with the current (3rd) edition.

*(You can use the two sets of hexes together, but the graphics are jarringly different.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.