Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been looking for a place to purchase "Die Katharer" expansion to Carcassonne and I came across a link to the official place that has the exclusive for the expansion.
http://spielbox.de/indxtemp.html?/sbmain/sbaktcarca.htm
Click on "English Version" to see the info in english.

It mentions what you get, basically its a special edition of their magazine with a bunch of articles in it, some translated into English, and the actual 4 tiles of the expansion are inside, along with the English rules.

If you click on "Order Form" you can see that they have it for 5 euros each plus shipping. The shipping for 1 copy to USA (and any "overseas" country) was 3 euros. You can get up to 3 copies for a total of 5 euros shipping to USA. If you are lucky enough to live in Germany, shipping is only 1 euro. Shipping to the rest of europe is only 2 euros (I think that includes UK).
It has an address to send a money order to if you go that route.

I used paypal to pay, and it lets you pay in euros, the total for me came out to just under $10 USD, something like $9.80
It was a little difficult to figure out what email address I was supposed to send the paypal funds to, but it ended up being the one linked on that page under "Drop us a Line"
Note that they dont have an online credit card system setup, so you have to either mail them the funds, or use paypal (or a bank transfer).

I ordered my expansion on March 8th, and I just received it today, March 14th. Thats about 5 business days from time of order to when I held it in my hand, very fast for just normal oveseas mail.

All in all I had a good experiance ordering it from the official source, and it was much less than I had been lead to belive from reading other posts here from people who had purchased it on ebay and elsewhere.

I figured I'd post my experiance to help others who may be looking for the expansion and dont want to get charged an arm and a leg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Daves
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Official store: Katharer 5 Euro +shipping (3 euro to USA
Thank you. I knew I had come across that site earlier, but never could get back to the right page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wright
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Official store: Katharer 5 Euro +shipping (3 euro to USA
Yargo wrote:
It was a little difficult to figure out what email address I was supposed to send the paypal funds to, but it ended up being the one linked on that page under "Drop us a Line"

Thanks for that! I was starting to panic... blush

Edit: With 2 EUR shipping to the UK it worked out at £4.99 - very reasonable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Sims
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for posting this.... I've sent the request and am ready to order. Time to slice city values in half... almost as cut-throat as towers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thjodbjorn K.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were sold out (that link not working anymore), but I emailed the contact person, and she said they had found a few. So I sent them my eight Euros. I can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.