Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IN similar vein to my prior question, if opponent has a unit on one of my wonders, that wonders on board resources/trade/hammers would be negated and transferrable to opponent, correct? But, how about its on card advantages? Would they also be negated? And I'm assuming that opponent could never use the advantages on the card just because they are on that space, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
flag msg tools
Stats not guaranteed accurate. May be made up entirely.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A wonder is blockaded when a figure belonging to another player is occupying its square. The player who owns the wonder can not use its wonder abilities on the card, and the city in which it was built cannot use its culture icons when devoting to the arts or other purposes. The player who owns the figures blockading the wonder may never use its card abilities, and may only send the culture icons to a city with a scout, as though it were any other square.

Essentially, there are many rules being layered here. Let me know if you need further clarification, it can be confusing when you are first learning the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Sondergeld
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
But having said that, Blockades can only be done by ARMY figures not scouts. So both would have to be on the tile at the same time to be able to blockade and return the CULTURE not anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_One_True_Sonny wrote:
But having said that, Blockades can only be done by ARMY figures not scouts. So both would have to be on the tile at the same time to be able to blockade and return the CULTURE not anything else.

Not true, scouts can blockade as well.

Rulebook Page 14 wrote:
A square in a city’s outskirts that contains one or more enemy figures (either scouts or armies) does not produce trade for the city’s owner. For full details on this, see “Blockades” on page 27.

Rulebook Page 27 wrote:
Blockades
Enemy forces, properly placed, can prevent a city from obtaining some of the supplies it is used to obtaining. Thus, a square in a city’s outskirts that contains one or more enemy figures (either scouts or armies) does not generate production, trade, culture,coins, or resources for the city’s owner. A square may be blockaded even if it contains a building or a great person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.