Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A previous thread got me wondering about this topic. I usually play with two others so if any of you have played both Yedo and LoW with three and have an opinion I'd really like to know. I'd also like to know if you can predict which is better if you don't have actual experience. Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Zutic
Serbia
Belgrade
New Belgrade
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play & own both, and for me, Yedo is better than Lords of Waterdeep for 2, 3, 4 & 5 players :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict people in the Yedo forum will say Yedo is better, and people in the LoW forum will say LoW is better. Mostly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player count has nothing to do with it. Yedo is more complex, longer, more random, more thematic and has more screwage than Lords of Waterdeep. It really only depends on whether you like that or prefer the simpler, shorter LoW.
(For the record, I think I like LoW a little better, but certainly can understand why people would prefer Yedo.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
To mirror what has been said,

They are both fantastic games and you'll be happy with either.

Yedo works very well for all player counts and is a heavier game than LoW with a little more meat on the bones and a longer playing time to go with it.

I prefer Yedo, but then again I am horribly biased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both and have played both 3 player and for me I love them both. Although they are alike we find them different enough to play both of them. If we are in a lighter mood we go with Lords of the Waterdeep and if we are looking for something deeper we go with Yedo.

If you go with Lords I suggest you purchase the expansion at the same time, it really adds a lot to re-playability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
I predict people in the Yedo forum will say Yedo is better, and people in the LoW forum will say LoW is better. Mostly.

Except that far fewer people have played Yedo, so I suspect the chances of finding people who have played both are much higher in the Yedo forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EmperorJacob wrote:
A previous thread got me wondering about this topic. I usually play with two others so if any of you have played both Yedo and LoW with three and have an opinion I'd really like to know. I'd also like to know if you can predict which is better if you don't have actual experience. Thanks in advance!

With 2-4 players, Yedo. With five players, LoW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vena
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like em both. If in the mood for a lighter shorter game LoW; wanting something meatier and longer Yedo ftw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.