Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Pretty
United States
Battle Creek
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can build over tapped buildings, do the new buildings come into play tapped or can they then be used?

I did not read the rules it was just a question that came up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is on page 5, under "construct a building":

... "replace a building they already have (inclined or not)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPretty wrote:
If you can build over tapped buildings, do the new buildings come into play tapped or can they then be used?

I did not read the rules it was just a question that came up.

There is no such thing as tapped in Spyrium
But yes you can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Pretty
United States
Battle Creek
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In other words, inclined means tapped?

And the new building comes in as normal, or not inclined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPretty wrote:

Yes.
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPretty wrote:

Where is that in the rules? We have played under this assumption, that the building you build over an "used" one, is ready for use the same round, but we did not find it explicit stated in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat FR
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I can't see this either. I would love an official ruling. In theory, one could use a building, replace it, use the new one. This seems very advantageous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't say "tapped" in the rules. Used buildings are always referred to as "inclined". The original question was then: "can you build over an inclined building?". The answer is "yes, you can".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BartP wrote:
It doesn't say "tapped" in the rules. Used buildings are always referred to as "inclined". The original question was then: "can you build over an inclined building?". The answer is "yes, you can".
It doesn't say "tapped" in the rules for legal reasons. But I suspect thatn many (if not most) [BGG] gamers understand "tapped" as a concept. You might as well argue that when I say "I'm going to do the Hoovering this afternoon" that I must have said "I'm going to do the vacuum cleaning this afternoon" because I actually own a Dyson. It's pointless to draw the distinction (but helpful to highlight the use of the term just in case the phrase isn't completely ubuiquitous.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MisuVir
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matfr wrote:
Yes, I can't see this either. I would love an official ruling. In theory, one could use a building, replace it, use the new one. This seems very advantageous.

The rules state: "replace a building they already have (inclined or
not). The old building is discarded ..."

You are discarding the existing building and constructing an entirely new one. The only difference is whether or not you are buying a new slot.

Do ANY of the other buildings you construct come in as tapped/inclined? No, so why should re-using the space be an exception? I don't see any implication in the rules that a new building should ever begin inclined.

Edit: The same goes for when you demolish and replace a residence with a factory - do you move backwards on the residence track? Nope. The bonus is applied on construction and you can even demolish the residence in the same round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
BartP wrote:
It doesn't say "tapped" in the rules for legal reasons. But I suspect thatn many (if not most) [BGG] gamers understand "tapped" as a concept. You might as well argue that when I say "I'm going to do the Hoovering this afternoon" that I must have said "I'm going to do the vacuum cleaning this afternoon" because I actually own a Dyson. It's pointless to draw the distinction (but helpful to highlight the use of the term just in case the phrase isn't completely ubuiquitous.)

You must have misunderstood my post. I wrote that inclined = tapped, because the person above me said that wasn't able to find a necessary part in the rulebook, even though it was already quoted above (using "inclined" word). In other words, no "official ruling" is necessary, because the answer is right there in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisuVir wrote:
matfr wrote:

The rules state: "replace a building they already have (inclined or
not). The old building is discarded ..."

You are discarding the existing building and constructing an entirely new one. The only difference is whether or not you are buying a new slot.

Do ANY of the other buildings you construct come in as tapped/inclined? No, so why should re-using the space be an exception? I don't see any implication in the rules that a new building should ever begin inclined.

Edit: The same goes for when you demolish and replace a residence with a factory - do you move backwards on the residence track? Nope. The bonus is applied on construction and you can even demolish the residence in the same round.

That's a good reasoning for the assumption, and I agree with this. (But that is still an assumption.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.