Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Mode
United States
Kelso
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at Target here in town, Kelso / Longview,WA, and they had Star Wars X-Wing on clearance for 50% off. When I picked up my copy at $20, they still had 4 left.

You may want to wait until next week & it might be marked down more, but this is the first time I've actually seen it on clearance at this store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for that where I live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awyldknght wrote:
I was at Target here in town, Kelso / Longview,WA, and they had Star Wars X-Wing on clearance for 50% off. When I picked up my copy at $20, they still had 4 left.

You may want to wait until next week & it might be marked down more, but this is the first time I've actually seen it on clearance at this store.

Argh. I called while I had a friend visiting the area early last month, and it was still full price then. Bad timing: story of my life.

Any sign of other games being marked down, such as The Resistance or Flash Point: Fire Rescue? These had been reported as being on clearance in other threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the game for 19.99 a little over a month ago in Michigan. I think people have been finding clearance games all over the place with no real consistency. Now I just need the Canadian Targets to start getting games like this in so we can have clearance prices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mode
United States
Kelso
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know others have said they have seen it at 75% off clearance in different areas, but mine never had it. This was the first I've seen it. YMMV depending on your area.

I haven't noticed the other games on clearance, but I haven't been looking.

I just got to play test SW:X-wing over the weekend at PAX, so I was wanting to keep an eye out for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Shearer
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
I have never even seen a Target with the resistance or flash point /sigh

However I did notice Army VS aliens and Wits and wagers on a sort of unmarked clearance lately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen it on clearance in Kansas City yet, but when I do, I'll be buying multiple copies.

You can combine 3 core sets in a single game, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mode
United States
Kelso
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
I haven't seen it on clearance in Kansas City yet, but when I do, I'll be buying multiple copies.

You can combine 3 core sets in a single game, right?

You can combine as much as you want. Each ship will have it's own number to tell them apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sink
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B Factor wrote:
awyldknght wrote:

Argh. I called while I had a friend visiting the area early last month, and it was still full price then. Bad timing: story of my life.

Any sign of other games being marked down, such as The Resistance or Flash Point: Fire Rescue? These had been reported as being on clearance in other threads.

Interesting you mention Flash Point. I talked with a rep at Pax and mentioned that I had seen it at Target. He said it wasn't selling the way they had hoped, so it must also mean it wasn't hitting Target's expectations as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess it's suffering from a similar problem the 1st Edition of Pandemic did, the box just does not have much shelf appeal. Something about the box just doesn't stand out and sell the game as the quality title it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keithsink wrote:
B Factor wrote:

Interesting you mention Flash Point. I talked with a rep at Pax and mentioned that I had seen it at Target. He said it wasn't selling the way they had hoped, so it must also mean it wasn't hitting Target's expectations as well.

Hmm, at which Target had you seen Flash Point? To the best of my memory, when I called Targets all along I-5 last month, if they had any of these games in stock at all, it was only X-Wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is there's no incentive to buy these games at full or near full price at Target. They ought to add an exclusive promo for the ones sold at Target, the way video games offer exclusive Target bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B Factor wrote:
keithsink wrote:
B Factor wrote:

Hmm, at which Target had you seen Flash Point? To the best of my memory, when I called Targets all along I-5 last month, if they had any of these games in stock at all, it was only X-Wing.

I picked one up in Southern California for $12.50 in July. At one point they had 8 copies, but they're all gone now. I think most of the stores that carried them clearanced them out in June/July.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
The problem is there's no incentive to buy these games at full or near full price at Target. They ought to add an exclusive promo for the ones sold at Target, the way video games offer exclusive Target bonuses.

Please no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's a much better outcome that the publisher lose money liquidating their merchandise and good games are driven out of Target permanently than the publisher offers additional gameplay to people who buy from Target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sink
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was at the Northgate Target in Seattle. Must have been a month or so ago. I didn't remember seeing it last time I was there, but I wasn't looking for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most great games will not sell well on Target's shelves without an active sales force promoting them. Some publishers love the idea of getting Target to buy 100,000 copies, but would actually be much better served by focusing their effort on retailers who will actually sell their game.

Target-only incentives would mean I would barely mention a game to a customer, let alone actively work at making it a local best-seller.

OOB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
Yes, it's a much better outcome that the publisher lose money liquidating their merchandise and good games are driven out of Target permanently than the publisher offers additional gameplay to people who buy from Target.

You make it sounds like those are the only two options. All your solutions is going to accomplish is shifting sales from Amazon, Cool Stuff, and FLGS's to target. Meanwhile you're going to alienate many customers who don't want to pay Target's price, but would have bought it from Amazon or Cool Stuff and now feel like they aren't getting the "full" game.

People hate the fact that you have to buy Video Games from specific retailers in order to get 'special' items. And if you're offering special exclusive items to Target, what about Barnes & Noble do they get one too? Then this snowballs into this situation like we have video games now where it's impossible to get all of the exclusive items, because the exclusive item you get from Amazon is different from the one you get at Target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moosemcd wrote:
ralpher wrote:

You make it sounds like those are the only two options. All your solutions is going to accomplish is shifting sales from Amazon, Cool Stuff, and FLGS's to target. Meanwhile you're going to alienate many customers who don't want to pay Target's price, but would have bought it from Amazon or Cool Stuff and now feel like they aren't getting the "full" game.

People hate the fact that you have to buy Video Games from specific retailers in order to get 'special' items. And if you're offering special exclusive items to Target, what about Barnes & Noble do they get one too? Then this snowballs into this situation like we have video games now where it's impossible to get all of the exclusive items, because the exclusive item you get from Amazon is different from the one you get at Target.

From BGG forum posts, the number of people who oppose limited promos is smaller than the number that supports or doesn't mind them. You make it sound like there is only one choice with promos, they are available only at one place and nowhere else.

I see it as better if consumers have more market choices than fewer. Do you really think it's better if Target and B&N stop selling the games we like, because the only time they sell is when they are 50%, 75% off or down to $2 in clearance? And how do you think FLGS's or Coolstuffinc does with their inventory once a game has been heavily clearanced by a big chain? Not too well. The effect of a game dropping to $2 is long lasting. The demand for that game can be damaged permanently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Howard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks a bunch for the heads up on the deal. Luckily I was driving home to Portland from Seattle today so stopping off in Kelso was no big thing. Sure enough the four copies were there and I was finally able to snag a copy of the the game for myself!

Who knows, I might just might be able to convince the wife to play as she's a big Star Wars nerd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mode
United States
Kelso
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
austinhow wrote:
Thanks a bunch for the heads up on the deal. Luckily I was driving home to Portland from Seattle today so stopping off in Kelso was no big thing. Sure enough the four copies were there and I was finally able to snag a copy of the the game for myself!

Who knows, I might just might be able to convince the wife to play as she's a big Star Wars nerd.

Glad someone else was able to snag a copy in the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
keithsink wrote:
I think it was at the Northgate Target in Seattle. Must have been a month or so ago. I didn't remember seeing it last time I was there, but I wasn't looking for it.

And it's still not there or the Lynnwood Target, I've checked both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Speirs
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I check at the 2 Lansing MI Targets every week, Never on sale, still full price with 5+ on the shelf.

Wish they would go on sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mode
United States
Kelso
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked last night, there are still 4 copies left at $20, I saw one on an end cap clearance section. I didn't see The Resistance at all on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awyldknght wrote:
I checked last night, there are still 4 copies left at $20, I saw one on an end cap clearance section. I didn't see The Resistance at all on the shelf.

Thanks for both checking and providing an update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.