8 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: Missing stuff? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Hello! I just received my copy of Eclipse in the mail and I was very excited to play it, but when I opened the box I noticed something very important was missing: the rules!

I'm going to call my game store and ask them what to do with it, but first I want to make sure I completely understand what is in this box. I have taken two photos of the contents of my Eclipse box and attached them below. Please tell me if you notice that there is anything else missing aside from the rulebook. If it's just the book that's missing, I could theoretically print it out myself, or just ask the store to send me a new rulebook instead of returning the entire box, which would be even more of a hassle.

Thanks for reading. Any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There is a pdf of the rulebook in the files. It includes a complete list of components that you can use to check your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Too late, too late" will be the cry…
badge
…when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably wouldn't be under the insert, but it might be worth a look?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
And I don't know how it works in Sweden, but here, most of the time while some stores are willing to help out, the responsibility rests with the manufacturer. Your best bet to get an actual copy may be to contact Lautapelit.fi or your local distributor.

I've found most game companies to be very accommodating for these types of issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cardboard boards are numbered (if I remember correctly, there were nine boards in total). At a glance, it looks like everything else is there but you should probably refer to the instruction manual in the BGG files section to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't already found the link to the rules PDF:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/69496/eclipse-rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact the store they will prolly replace it for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the help everyone. I used the pdf to confirm that the other contents of the box were included and called my game store about the rulebook. They sent me a new one pretty quick. It looks like I'm ready to play the next time I get my group together. I'm looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.