Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I've hired dockworkers, what are my options if someone uses an event card to close the market into which I want to sell?

Can I:
1. sell something else to a different market (if possible)
2. sell to the bazaar if I can't (or don't want to) sell to a different market (my understanding is that I can do this at anytime anyway, as it doesn't require a dockworker action)
3. re-assign the agent to a different action? (I suspect it's not this option, given the nature of the game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
If I've hired dockworkers, what are my options if someone uses an event card to close the market into which I want to sell?

Can I:
1. sell something else to a different market (if possible)
2. sell to the bazaar if I can't (or don't want to) sell to a different market (my understanding is that I can do this at anytime anyway, as it doesn't require a dockworker action)
3. re-assign the agent to a different action? (I suspect it's not this option, given the nature of the game)

The close market card is not a reaction card and can only be played by selecting the 'Manipulate Events' action (or by one of the house abilities that allows playing an event by doing the 'select a Contract' action).
Therefore, if the market was open when you assigned dockworkers, it is still open (although maybe not paying off as well as you hoped).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:

My favorite option is to tell them to read the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Jim Marshall wrote:

My favorite option is to tell them to read the card.

Thanks both - I'll tell myself to read the card too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.