Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Many surplus cards say "vs. event" but I'm not sure I'm interpreting that term correctly. It sounds like it means that you can play it in reaction to an event, as well as being able to play it normally on your turn.

Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Watkins

Fort Worth
Texas
msg tools
designer
mb
Hi Robert,

You can use the cards that say "VS. event" only against events. But events include your family upkeep.

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! I see. Thanks! Almost equivalent to what I was doing, but a bit cleaner.

I'm enjoying the game. It really is more fun than it has any right to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Watkins

Fort Worth
Texas
msg tools
designer
mb
Glad I could help and that your having fun. Let me know if you need any other clarification.

Not sure if you ever give reviews, but if you do, it would really help us out if you gave us a brief one here on BoardGameGeek or on Amazon.

Thanks again for playing our game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darth rimmer

California
msg tools
Disasters are also events. Also note that if you play a Surplus card in reaction to an event you will not receive any "change", such as left over food or water. Example: if you have to perform upkeep of -1 food and -1 water and you use a surplus card that gives "+2 food +2 water vs. event" you have overcome the upkeep event and DO NOT receive 1 food and 1 water back. thanks D-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.