Michael Nguyen
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Hi,

My name is Michael and I usually hang out in the Game Design forum. I've been working on a game called Monster Zoo for the past few months and I'm looking for additional playtesters.

The game is meant to be a casual deck building card game, basically a younger kid friendly version of Dominion. When I came up with the idea, I had my son in mind. He's only 2 right now so he can't playtest with me, but I'm hoping to end up with a game that he'll love and enjoy in a few years (probably at least 5 more years).

My biggest problem is I don't actually know a ton of people in my target demographic - families with kids ages 6-14. It would really help if I could get some additional feedback especially from kids. I want to make sure this game is fun for kids.

Right now most of the playtesting is done online, so it's easy to get started. The negative of online playtesting is that it'll require you and your kids to be in front of a screen for about 15-20 minutes.

Please take a look: http://dev.monsterzoogame.com:5000/

The theme is really kid friendly and I've had great feedback about the art. I believe I can make something that really is fun for kids, but I can't do that without more feedback from families and kids.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, your link didn't work. But I'm interested in your game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemanue wrote:
It works for me, but not by clicking, Michael just needed to add URL tags like this: http://dev.monsterzoogame.com:5000/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I run a board game club at my primary school. Kids are 9-11 years old.

It's the start of a new term, so it'll be a couple of weeks until the club gets going, but if you have a PnP version in the works (online won't really work in my setting) and want some feedback give me a shout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got 5 kids roughly aged 2.5, 4.5, 8, 10, 13. If I get a chance, I'll see what I can do to introduce some of them to your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Homan
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got kids ranged from 9 to 14, so I'll see if they are willing to take a crack at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a 5 year old, happy to give it a whirl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nguyen
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
wmshub wrote:
Gamemanue wrote:
It works for me, but not by clicking, Michael just needed to add URL tags like this: http://dev.monsterzoogame.com:5000/

Thanks - I changed the original post so the link works now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nguyen
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
CaptCastle wrote:

It's the start of a new term, so it'll be a couple of weeks until the club gets going, but if you have a PnP version in the works (online won't really work in my setting) and want some feedback give me a shout.

Hi John - having a club play the game would be awesome. Here's an older PNP version of the game: http://dev.monsterzoogame.com:5000/printandplay. I'm working on updating it over the next two weeks.

Would love to get your club's feedback. Please tell me when the club starts and I'll make sure to have the PnP updated by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nguyen
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Thanks everyone for the interest! I really appreciate it.

If there's anything I can do to help (rules explanation, PnP links, etc) please tell me. Now I'll just wait for everyone's kids to rip my game apart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more than happy to try the PnP version with my 6 year old girl. I like the art style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a 6 year old girl and an 8 year old boy. I'll see if they're interested in play testing for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KK Su
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I showed my kids the cards and they already love the artwork. :-)

Will try this out with them soon (girl and boy, aged 8 & 6).

KK
gamesweplayreviews.blogspot.com.au

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna show my 6 year old today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on my list of stuff to sort with the headteacher. I'll let you know.

rubycowgames wrote:
CaptCastle wrote:

Hi John - having a club play the game would be awesome. Here's an older PNP version of the game: http://dev.monsterzoogame.com:5000/printandplay. I'm working on updating it over the next two weeks.

Would love to get your club's feedback. Please tell me when the club starts and I'll make sure to have the PnP updated by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.