Duncan McEwen
United States
Ottawa Hills
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gang,

I recently developed an interest in the capital ship combat of Leviathan. Part of me got interested in who currently owned the RL IP and if there were any plans for a revival. So I did a webeserch. I found the following:

[geekurl=http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=230068]http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=230068[/geekurl]

This was the situation as of 2011. I don't think anyone has followed up on it.

For posterity sake, and in case the above link ever goes dead, here is the meat of the thread.

"There is a clear and distinct IP holder and it is a company that I actually know to be fairly easy to deal with. They have a great deal of experience with many markets and have people working with them that know our market in particular.

Since the potential for marketability for this line has been dry for some time I suspect they would be willing to entertain a short term IP usage.

Since it isn't a person and is rather a corporation I have no issues sharing:

The IP owner is….drum roll…

Topps

Corporate Headquarters
Topps US
One Whitehall Street
New York, NY 10004
Tel: +1-212-376-0300
Fax: +1-212-376-0573

My job is complete…I do have a name, but that is better left for actual business contacts…please contact me if you want the name.

PS
Contact noted that the RL IP is buried in a group holding that contains several titles…if you establish any correspondence then you should note "formally owned by FASA tabletop gaming division" so you can get the right person involved."

Just wanted to get the recorded in more places and the guy that figured this out did a lot of work. Thanks!

Duncan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Smith
United States
Dallas
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
That thread looks to have died (though I revived it). I am basically doing the same inquiry to purchase the IP.

I won't update this thread much except to say that the other thread that started this will be where I'm posting updates. Once I get a conclusion though I'll update this one too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.