Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, here's a fun one for the obscure bug department...

Viewing the BGG forum front page (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3) in Netscape 7.2, the banner ad below the BoardGameGeek menu bar has display priority on the screen. That is to say, if I try to pull down one of the menus near that area (e.g. "Browse" through "Utilities"), part of the pulldown menu will appear behind the ad -- thus rendering that part of the menu inaccessible.

This problem does not occur in IE 6. I have no idea if it occurs with Firefox.

EDIT: Earlier, I erroneously said "front page". I meant "forum front page".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
This also occurs with Opera 8.51 (I finally gave up even trying to use BGG with Netscape 7.1).

The menu always displays properly on the front page, but on other pages it can end up underneath the ad. I can't be more specific... the menu is so sloooow I avoid using it whenever possible, so I usually only use it from the front page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Promise me there won't be any squares at my funeral
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me in FF1.5. Sounds like a z-index thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had reported this a few weeks ago. I experience this only with the horizontal Toshiba add! I use Firefox on a PC (not sure if that helps...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new AH/Hasbro ad on the front page for Rocketville or whatever is completely blocking me from getting to the menu items in FF 1.5

It expands down, but clicking the close button doesn't make it go away. When it does go away, I can't click nor activate the menus. I have to nav to a different page without that ad to get anywhere I want with a menu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Bang-Madsen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 and got the same problem, but only with the expandable Rocketville banner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing this with Opera 8.5 on WinXP...

... how about at least reversing the order of the menu bar and the ad (ie. display the ad 1st)... at least if the user agent (browser) is Opera or Netscape (or is not one of the ones known to work w/the ads)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.