Subject: List of Missions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a list and description of every single Mission released to date?

Would the included Mission(s) in Ship Packs require components other than that Ship Pack + 1 Core?

I'd like to base my purchases on which Missions look interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lando
msg tools
The missions so far are crap. Just get what you want ship wise and create your own missions. They are usually better than the canned stuff from the core set and the two large ship expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are three missions in the Rulebook available here:

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=174&enm...

Then there is one mission in each of the Millenium Falcon and Slave I expansions packs.

The missions have rules allowing you to field whatever squad you would like (special mission rules need to be taken into account in some cases).

I'm hoping the Lamda has a mission in too, and maybe someone who got one at GenCon can confirm or deny this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm the Lambda Shuttle comes with a mission. The Imperial player is trying to rescue passengers from some disabled ships while the Rebels are trying to capture them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Todd. Look forward to playing that in two weeks when the ships are finally released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the missions in the Millennium Falcon and Slave I expansion packs require components other than 1 Core? And are they interesting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick google search found this:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?showtopic=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Do the missions in the Millennium Falcon and Slave I expansion packs require components other than 1 Core? And are they interesting?

All the missions are playable with a Core Set and the corresponding Large Ship in which they are featured.

So the containers and smuggler tokens come with the Falcon, the Bounty ID comes with the Slave-1, and the derelict ships come with the Lambda.

Unfortunately, X-Wing doesn't really lend itself terribly well to Missions. "Stealing" containers and "rescuing" and "capturing" passengers is simply represented by rolling red dice at things.

The bounty mission and the protect the shuttle mission (Slave-1/Core respectively) are a bit better, because at least they work well within the mechanics of blowing stuff up, but personally I just prefer 100-pt dogfights and some of the better home-brewed missions (especially my Flytrap mission, but I'm biased ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I also watched the Tabletop video, which appears to be the Millennium Falcon mission (Mission 4, stealing containers), souped up with a copy of Firespray.

I like missions as I want to play this as a casual scenario-based game. The one time I played tournament rules, it outstayed its welcome as we noobs took forever to shoot each other down. At least the missions all provide a natural time limit.

I bought Millennium Falcon, 2 TIE Interceptors (because CSI actually has it in stock) and Firespray (don't like it, but feel like that helps fill out the squad easier without waiting for TIEs to come back in print). I started the day only intending to purchase Millennium Falcon. Dammit FFG, dammit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got used copies of the pc game strategy guides (x-wing, tie fighter, alliance). They provide nice coverage of all the games' missions.
You can easily use these to set up fun xwing scenarios on the table top!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
System Idle
msg tools
mbmbmb
There are also missions/scenarios in issues 5&7 of Ravage Magazine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where was the mission in the falcon and slave expansion? Could I have thrown it away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Where was the mission in the falcon and slave expansion? Could I have thrown it away?

It was in the instruction booklet that came with the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I see them. duh...obviously you can tell I haven't tried them yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.