Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lords of waterdeep... your box sucks.. i ordered you because you look like a good game but i fear your poor box design will trigger my ocd and that i will have to trade you away for something in a better box..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box is dreadful, but doesn't detract from gameplay. Do not, for any reason, allow the box to go vertical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Lj
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
skslotten wrote:
The box is dreadful, but doesn't detract from gameplay. Do not, for any reason, allow the box to go vertical.

I must be lucky. I store my box on edge, slid into an ottoman with room on both sides and haven't ever had a problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy the expansion, get rid of the expansion insert and move everything over to the new box. I did it this week and it works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oogarasu wrote:
skslotten wrote:

I must be lucky. I store my box on edge, slid into an ottoman with room on both sides and haven't ever had a problem

Or the box is so bad you now use an ottoman as one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

i love the box and it's design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceman spiff wrote:
Buy the expansion, get rid of the expansion insert and move everything over to the new box. I did it this week and it works well.

This is the solution you seek.

+ 1000 thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceman spiff wrote:

Is the expansion box "normal"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
spaceman spiff wrote:

Is the expansion box "normal"?

Aye... it's a normal box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Valadez
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I store my box on its side and have never had any problems. I actually like the box design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, worst.design.ever! I dint want to store a box flat, I want to store it on end like my other games. I have limited space, and a game with deliberate corner spilt, custom insert that is non usable imo is terrible design. I will have to see how much I like it, anything below 7/10 after a few games and I think I will have to trade it away. If I like it then I will throw the insert. Currently everything is in bags to keep it neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sans insert, EVERYTHING fits in the expansion box perfectly. I use that box now to store both original and expansion. It's almost half the height of the original, and is slightly cooler looking IMO. I stack games flat also, and box height is a big factor for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snap I also got rid of the original lid and replaced with the expansion lid that sits much more snugly and put it all in one box.....bye bye inserts.....see ya

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
femgoth wrote:
Lords of waterdeep... your box sucks.. i ordered you because you look like a good game but i fear your poor box design will trigger my ocd and that i will have to trade you away for something in a better box..

So does this mean you'd keep a crappy game just because it has a good box? shake

First world problems I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
jonocop wrote:
So does this mean you'd keep a crappy game just because it has a good box?

Personally I am sure I have some sub-par games that I hang on to just because I have room

I happen to like LoW and its crazy box, but I have ample space on my shelf to not only keep a few extra games but also to wow lay them flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonocop wrote:
femgoth wrote:

So does this mean you'd keep a crappy game just because it has a good box? shake

First world problems I guess.

No not at all. To keep a game I need it to be a game I like to play AND be able to actually store it somewhere. I have very limited space for games, a small cupboard unit, maybe a meter wide and 60cm deep. I keep larger boxes at the back and small boxes at the front. Above is a shelf with big box games but to get a space there it has stiff competition. It is currently in the space left as I have lent hamsterrolle to friends. There is no chance of it permanently ousting that. I can't afford the expansion at the moment, so I have stuck everything in bags and have put then under the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok i buckled and bought the expansion as a solution.. just dont tell the boss...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Abfalter
msg tools
The box is gorgeous. GORGEOUS.

But it is coming apart at the edges already and I have barely had the thing for a few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.