SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can get the English edition of Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar for under £36.50.

But now Amazon.DE have weighed in with a bargain busting €29.99 plus free delivery for those Teutonic serfdoms. But this is the German language edition. So whilst the game is language free, you'd need to get the English rules printed.

For us Brits, add €4 for delivery, but if you are buying anything else at the same time, then an extra game only adds a few pennies to Amazon's delivery charges. So with the exchange rate around 1.55, it's much closer to 20 quid than you'd think. DO'H! Nope, that's the US rate. It's about 1.18, making €34 in total closer to £29. So, not that much cheaper than the UK deal.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leach
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1.55? More like 1.18... But still a decent deal
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh crap, you're right! I was thinking of the dollar rate (been buying from the US lately). I'll edit the figures.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Phew, safe from this one as I already have it...

Susie_Cat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Oh crap, you're right! I was thinking of the dollar rate (been buying from the US lately). I'll edit the figures.


After your comments on buying from the us I had a quick look at how that looked for cool stuff inc and others. Even though my orders got to over $150, the shipping was killing the game at over $80. Is there something I'm missing?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
feign wrote:
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Oh crap, you're right! I was thinking of the dollar rate (been buying from the US lately). I'll edit the figures.


After your comments on buying from the us I had a quick look at how that looked for cool stuff inc and others. Even though my orders got to over $150, the shipping was killing the game at over $80. Is there something I'm missing?


Also don't forget you could also get screwed for import tax and associated fees.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, it's usually not the tax that's the problem, it's the fees which are often more than the tax...

Susie_Cat.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
feign wrote:
Is there something I'm missing?


Yup.

ninja

devil
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

While this is true, I find that when I get dinged I'm usually charged about £4-6 in duty (which I don't mind so much) and £8 in handling fees (which I strongly object to!).

Susie_Cat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Susie_Cat wrote:

While this is true, I find that when I get dinged I'm usually charged about £4-6 in duty (which I don't mind so much) and £8 in handling fees (which I strongly object to!).

Susie_Cat.


Yup me too. Even if your 1p over Royal Mail for example can still charge you their handling fee which is about £8.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is offer is alive again
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.