Genghis Sumerian
msg tools
MILITARY VICTORY ONLY

1. Players may only win the game by destroying all of the other players' cities.

If you have no capitol then begin the turn automatically with anarchy and choose a new capitol.

2. Other victory conditions may be met but only one per player and once a victory condition is met then it is unavailable to other players for as long as you live.

When winning by economic, science, or cultural victory you win the right to build a second capitol.
This capitol functions just like your other capitol for all
game effects like anarchy and monarchy.
Note: you must have agriculture to use this
as it uses the extra capitol for placement.

3. Use a wrap around map:
X's are player start locations. Choose the direction of start tile facing at the start but flip tiles during exploration normally.

OOOOOO
XOXOXO
OOOOOO

wrap across right and left ends.

note: I can't get the X's and O's to line up like I want but it is meant to be all squared with nothing off centered. Thanks for understanding a Mongolian...

to add additional players just add to the right(east):
OO
XO
XO
in this way 5 players could play with 2 leftover tiles.(if you have all the expansions)

4. Players may move the capitol. This is done by choosing
or having anarchy chosen for you. At start of turn you can choose
another city and switch it to the capitol. The chosen city and
the capitol both lose actions this turn. Additionally if you have
two capitols both will suffer from anarchy even if both don't switch.
Both may switch to different locations however or may even switch with
eachother allowing the metropolis to switch with the traditional capitol.
Note: all buildings including walls stay in the place that they first existed
though some may be destroyed by growing or shrinking metropolis actions.
When a metropolis shrinks then choose the side you want to keep for the city.
Lose any buildings that would no longer be in the city's outskirts while shrinking.
Yes, this action can allow cities to move slightly over time.
Also, if you are immune to anarchy you can do this at the beginning of turn without penalty.

5. Terrain has some changes. Always use terrain even when something is built or living on it.

Any square containing at least one army figure may be fortified in the same way that cities are fortified by sacrificing an army figure and placing the little "wall" icon on that location. This is lost either in battle or by there being no army figures on the square. You would need at least 2 army figures on the square initially as one will be removed.

Forest has a +2 combat bonus as a defensive advantage.

Mountain has a +4 combat bonus as a defensive advantage and costs 2 movement to enter.

Desert requires "supplies" during combat. Without supplies the unsuplied side(s)
each take 1 point of damage to each troop after all troops are placed in combat.
To have supplies you must either be standing on a building, great person, or wonder at the beginning of battle (defending) OR be a city OR bring at least one caravan.

Well that is how it is... comments? improvements? etc... ???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Sumerian
msg tools
a further update:
when attacking a metropolis it uses the best of all terrains for its defense. If it is on a mountain and a forest it counts as a mountain. If it is on a mountain and a desert it counts as both a mountain and a desert. If it is on two deserts it is still just a normal desert... etc.. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Sumerian
msg tools
further updates:

1. when you get an extra capitol you get an extra policy. If France gets a 5th policy then it is automatically +2 combat bonus.

2. If you attack a lone wagon on a desert you still automatically win. It is if you have supplies from that wagon.

3. Culture cards that move figures 2 squares may move them onto or through a mountain square without incurring the movement cost.

4. Take note: a village on some terrain still gets those effects. Deserts need to bring a caravan to have supplies to attack and mountains are +4/ forests +2 combat bonuses.

5. Flight does ignore the cost for mountains. I figure you fly over cities so you can fly over a mountain.

.... more to come I am sure ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
limone novecento
Germany
flag msg tools
Sounds fun. Maybe you can write a session report of such a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Sumerian
msg tools
I will do this, coming soon: note it will also be using the variant for barbarian hordes....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandru Alex
Romania
bucharest
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Sounds good! The part with the fortified figure impresed me!

I think that in 100 games of Civilization we only used fortification/caravan 3 times ... As limone novecento said you can write a session report of such a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Sumerian
msg tools
I haven't done a "game report" yet because I have none of the neat tools that would make that easy... so it turns out it would be ALOT of book keeping, any ideas on what I should record or ways to make it easier? Anyhow... I will still do this when I get the time or sooner if there's an easier way...
OK, there is ONE update, if you lose your last City you're still not out of the game until your last units are gone as well... Of course this will be soon as your government will remain in anarchy since you cannot choose a capital... BUT if you have a wagon remaining then you can build a city, this city will be a capital but... you'll still have a turn of anarchy before you can choose a government... so... well maybe you can still win? who knows... this came up today... so it seemed like a fun thing to add.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.