Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kinney

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
I actually wrote that back in early June, after just looking at the materials. I didn't have any practice games in or anything. They edited it somewhat, but did a pretty good job with what I said, I think.

Am I way off on some things? People may not be playing Ibby with Elusiveness. I've seen more people talk about PtL with her, but in my play tests, I have a hard time remembering NOT to use PtL before executing a red maneuver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
I think it's a good article, the idea of elusiveness on Ibitisam looks good to me, especially vs higher P.S. ships, though, like push, you can't use elusiveness if you have a stress token.

Overall, it was an interesting read I enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
hothie wrote:
I actually wrote that back in early June, after just looking at the materials. I didn't have any practice games in or anything...

One of the things I found interesting, actually, was the set of differences between what you wrote as a first impression and what you might write now, with some playtime under your belt. Any plans for them to make Strategy Articles By Doug a semi-regular feature of their site?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ibtisam + Elusiveness is a neat psychological deterant. "You realize you're only making her stronger by firing on her, right? Do you really want to fire at my pilot that will make you reroll a hit/crit and then gets to reroll a defense die (and an attack die if she hasn't attacked yet)? ... I didn't think so."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best strategy is just to rely on the natural red of the B-Wing's wheel, I think. I find my B-Wings are often stressed, and Ibby gives you a nice little boost while stressed. I don't think pouring points or effort to get her stressed is worth it, especially when her wheel is so red. If I throw any Elite Talent on her, it's Adrenaline Rush, though I'm back-and-forth with that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kinney

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
hothie wrote:
I actually wrote that back in early June, after just looking at the materials. I didn't have any practice games in or anything...

One of the things I found interesting, actually, was the set of differences between what you wrote as a first impression and what you might write now, with some playtime under your belt. Any plans for them to make Strategy Articles By Doug a semi-regular feature of their site?

Not that I know of. Mainly you just have to look on TC or in the Bat Reps section for strategies. The only regular articles by me are for their wave releases, of which I have done 2 so far. Although the main difference being that I (and others that I had learned from) actually had played with some of the wave 2 stuff before writing my article, so I had more of a solid basis for my conclusions.

Do you want me to write up a giant article on FFG with strategies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.