JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy and haven't played it yet so I'm just looking for some feedback.
Given the change of the treachery deck and that Daybreak has a new reckless mechanic (explained in the section on combining with Pegasus), should I even include the reckless cards or should I take them out to keep things simple? I don't know how I feel about the 'draw a card from the destiny deck' fix for dealing with reckless checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the destiny deck? Isn't it the treachery deck. I think it's a decent mechanic, although I haven't seen it firsthand yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/68433/battlestar-galac...

The files section is useful

It IS the Treachery Deck, but you ONLY use the Exodus Treachery cards. TAKE OUT THE OLD PEGASUS ONES. kthxbai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thanks, I meant treachery. So many decks...

I know you have to remove the old treachery cards. I was just wondering if anyone found it useful to just get rid of the whole reckless mechanic considering the new treachery cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. It's actually really simple.

1) Is the top card a zero? No. STOP.
2) Yes. Reveal the next card and resolve both of them. STOP.

Keep it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperor JD wrote:
Yes, thanks, I meant treachery. So many decks...

I know you have to remove the old treachery cards. I was just wondering if anyone found it useful to just get rid of the whole reckless mechanic considering the new treachery cards.

I did. I crafted a personalized selection of cards keeping the reckless checks out and maintaining the same distribution of numbers in each deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New reckless is really fun. I highly recommend keeping them in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, new Reckless is great. And At Any Cost is hugely important now that Treachery has teeth.

The biggest problem with Reckless is we often forget to resolve it after going through all the skill check abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperor JD wrote:
I just got my copy and haven't played it yet so I'm just looking for some feedback.
Given the change of the treachery deck and that Daybreak has a new reckless mechanic (explained in the section on combining with Pegasus), should I even include the reckless cards or should I take them out to keep things simple? I don't know how I feel about the 'draw a card from the destiny deck' fix for dealing with reckless checks.

I agree but instead of removing the reckless cards from the skill decks I thought about adding them from the Pegasus Treachery deck to the Daybreak Treachery Deck.

The Daybreak Reckless mechanic relies solely on what cards are in the Treachery Deck. For someone like me who is no good at counting cards this is all luck.

Pegasus Reckless mechanic had two parts, both the posibility of reckless treachery cards coming from the Destiny Deck along with the possibility of any added on purpose by a Toaster. To me This adds to the paranoia and theme of BSG.

The Daybreak Treachery Deck has only 26 cards while all my others have 35. I am thinking about adding 9 Reckless Treachery Skill cards from the Pegasus Deck to the Daybreak Deck.

Anyone with more experience/understanding of the game able to comment on this idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
JohnnyG wrote:
The Daybreak Reckless mechanic relies solely on what cards are in the Treachery Deck. For someone like me who is no good at counting cards this is all luck.

There are 12/26 '0s in the new Treachery deck. Some will be in peoples' hands or in the Destiny deck. It's by design pretty uncountable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
I concur with everyone who has said that new Recklessness is a lot of fun. Besides, you'll be throwing out the number distribution if you leave the Reckless cards out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the new reckless rule is much better. Now using it really is reckless and always a risk. At any cost is a nice card now too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the helpful feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.