Kyle Cope
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The odds of me using 6 characters in a scenario is low. Is there any reason I can't use the Guard Tower with less than 6? Otherwise I doubt I would ever encounter this location.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with 4 characters through every scenario, you will end up seeing all of the locations. Any less than that and there may be some locations that get missed.

In missing a location, the only thing you really miss is its special ability during the scenario(s) in which that location is used and it's specific distribution of cards during the same scenario(s).

Because all locations draw their cards from the same place, there is no other difference or loss incurred by not using a location, aside from having a card in your game that didn't get used.

If you want to remedy that, just use houserules or create your own scenarios that use the location for fewer characters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
philafan2000 wrote:
The odds of me using 6 characters in a scenario is low. Is there any reason I can't use the Guard Tower with less than 6? Otherwise I doubt I would ever encounter this location.


It's your game, go ahead and change the locations if you want.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They have mentioned in videos that the locations are balanced for difficulty based on players so subbing the sixth player only location as a location in a solo game could cause issues. But try it, what's the worst that could happen. devil
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
They have mentioned in videos that the locations are balanced for difficulty based on players so subbing the sixth player only location as a location in a solo game could cause issues. But try it, what's the worst that could happen. devil


Tom Vasel shows up and takes away your game.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
They have mentioned in videos that the locations are balanced for difficulty based on players so subbing the sixth player only location as a location in a solo game could cause issues. But try it, what's the worst that could happen. devil


Tom Vasel shows up and takes away your game.



Tom Vasel shows up and shoots one of his "components cascades" with your game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Scally
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
philafan2000 wrote:
The odds of me using 6 characters in a scenario is low. Is there any reason I can't use the Guard Tower with less than 6? Otherwise I doubt I would ever encounter this location.


This topic addressed your point in a little more detall.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1028767/never-see-many-locat...

The only possible reason against it seems to concern location weighting. Are locations 4 to 6 likely to be an unbalanced challenge for a solo run? There's only one way to find out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.