Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: San San/Expended Ice Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Doe
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
1) If Ice has no server behind it, can I install a card behind it any time on my turn?

2) If I score or use an Agenda/Asset that has Ice behind it, Or if the runner steals/trashes those cards, can I install another agenda/asset behind that ice later?

3) What happens if a icebreaker is higher then a ice card, or vice versa, does no sort of destruction occur?

4)San San City Grid lists its effect as The advancement requirement of agendas installed in this server is lowered by 1.
Limit 1 region per server.

What happens if I score an agenda on it, will it still stay to be used again or is it discarded?

5)Is Ice discarded if the server cards it is defending are destroyed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a rules question, not a general thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Putnam
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Icebreaker needs to be equal or higher to break subroutines. Being higher doesn't do anything special.

4. It stays

5. No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amunra93 wrote:
1) If Ice has no server behind it, can I install a card behind it any time on my turn?

2) If I score or use an Agenda/Asset that has Ice behind it, Or if the runner steals/trashes those cards

3) What happens if a icebreaker is higher then a ice card, or vice versa, does no sort of destruction occur?

4)San San City Grid lists its effect as The advancement requirement of agendas installed in this server is lowered by 1.

What happens if I score an agenda on it, will it still stay to be used again or is it discarded?

Martin correctly states that this should go in the Rules subforum. However, I'm sure a mod will be along shortly to move it. In the meantime...

1) You can spend a click to install a card on your turn, yes. If ice has nothing behind it, it is still a server, however, and can have cards installed into it.

2) This doesn't appear to actually be a question.

3) No. Nothing gets trashed unless a card effect says it does. You are really going to want to watch the tutorial video about how runs work, though - or search these forums for a detailed writeup. The nature of your question suggests that you have a lot of fundamental misconceptions about how runs work.

4) Does any card effect say that the Region gets trashed? Does the rulebook? (Hint: no.) So the upgrade stays

5) No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Apologize for posting this in the wrong forums, did not notice.

Fixed 2nd question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.

If you see a thread that you think would better fit elsewhere - please don't tell the OP, instead simply flag the thread at the top as 'wrong forum' and an admin will move it.

Telling the OP is unhelpful as they can't move it, may be encourage to double post (deleting extra posts is more time consuming for admins than simply moving posts) and telling an OP may be wrongly interpreted as being unfriendly. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Nuncheon

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Amunra93 wrote:

A server is created when you install ICE or an agenda/asset/upgrade, and lasts for as long as you have one of those things. You can install an asset/upgrade/agenda with no protection or an ICE protecting nothing.

Amunra93 wrote:

2) If I score or use an Agenda/Asset that has Ice behind it, Or if the runner steals/trashes those cards, can I install another agenda/asset behind that ice later?

Yes. The server is still there until all of the ICE gets removed.

Quote:

An icebreaker that does not meet or exceed the strength of the ICE can't be used against it.

An icebreaker that does meet or exceed the strength of the ice can be used to break subroutines, but the ICE stays installed (and rezzed) unless there's a specific exception (like Oversight AI)

Quote:

You can keep using it until you or the runner trashes it. (Cards that need to be trashed when an agenda is scored/stolen say so specifically on the card.)

Quote:

No. Ice is almost never discarded. The Corp can do it voluntarily when installing another piece of ice on that server (to reduce the install costs) and there are a few cards that can potentially trash ice (like Forged Activation Orders) but in general, once you install something it is permanent and once you rez it, it remains rezzed until a card tells you otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.