BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Coop Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'm looking for a new coop game. I already have Pandemic, Flash Point Fire Rescue, Forbidden Island, Forbidden Desert and Escape The Curse Of The Temple. What are some other good coops that aren't crazy expensive in price I could pick up for my gaming group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Co-op games that look as awesome as they are to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game
Sentinels of the Multiverse

And for the really cheap:

Onirim
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah ...
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror ... a bit of a longer coop, but can get for around $40 (or maybe less elsewhere)

Agents of Smersh ... this currently, is one of my favorite coops, just because it can be so funny. You’re all playing spys (almost cheesy James Bond older movie type spys) and trying to stop the main villain, Doctor Lobo. I think that game you can get for like $55

Castle Panic... in it’s $20s ... is a quick light coop game ... really good for families or new gamers ... although my husband and I still really enjoy it as a filler game.

Conquest of Planet Earth ... can be played coop or competitive ... I have only played it coop ... but you all choose your own race of aliens to play and work together to try and conquer earth. I think $30 or 35

The Dungeons and Dragons board games (Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Gameare a bit more expensive in the $40s and up to $60s ... But a nice dungeon crawl game where you’re building the dungeon as you go ... it comes with a book of scenarios that tells you what you’re trying to accomplish and how to start setting up the dungeon.

Elder Sign ... coop that in the $20s ... Dice rolling game in the Arkham Horror universe ... much shorter of a game then Arkham Horror.

Ghost Stories ... in it’s 30s ... You’re all playing monks with a special ability and pretty much fighting wave after wave of ghosts. It’s a difficult game, but you have three levels of difficulty which is nice.

Senteninels of the Multiverse ... around $25 or so ... Card game where you’re all playing super heroes trying to take down a villain that you choose and in an environment. The game ranks all the villains, which is nice because some of the difficult ones are really difficult. The expansions aren’t all that expensive if you want to get them ... but I’d start with the base to see if you enjoy it.

A Touch of Evil ... around $40 ... this is another game that you can play either cooperative or competitive. Basically you’re trying to find items to help you defeat which ever boss you’re fighting and trying to find out which town elders will help you and which ones are evil.

I don’t know what your price point is ... and these prices are close to what they are on cool stuff ... but at a gaming store, or other sites, prices may vary.

I didn’t give too much detail and there are tons more ... but if you look up any of these and are interested and want to know more about them, feel free to ask as I own all of those and enjoy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island is really good.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of good ones already mentioned above but I'd add Mice and Mystics & Defenders of the Realm to the top of the list ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Roy
United Kingdom
Bath
GB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the only list you'll need if it's coop games you're after.

A comprehensive coop game list

There are a few silly entries, however blushwow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also recommend Arkham Horror and Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island.

Also Yggdrasil which is more streamlined than the 2 above, with none of the rules queries.

The original edition of Lord of the Rings (not the Silverline edition currently in print) and all the expansions is an older game but still good The original version often appears on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
royboy_9 wrote:

Yes, to the list of coop games, some people have also listed a few co-op games. It's not a definitive list of either. From the context I assumed the OP here wanted co-op game recommendations, not good quality but inexpensive (chicken) coops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Roy
United Kingdom
Bath
GB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
royboy_9 wrote:

Yes, to the list of coop games, some people have also listed a few co-op games. It's not a definitive list of either. From the context I assumed the OP here wanted co-op game recommendations, not good quality but inexpensive (chicken) coops

Context shmontext!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
+1 for ghost stories, I contemplated buying this for weeks finally purchased it yesterday, so glad I did, really enjoyable, but beware this game is very hard to beat, No point having one thats to simple though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 To Robinson Crusoe

Do you have the On the Brink expansion to Pandemic? This should breath new life into Pandemic if you are tired of it.

Also check out the under-appreciated Legends of Andor. Dungeon crawling with a Euro feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lang
Germany
Gaißach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good "coop" game may be Chicken Caesar, but I guess that's not what you're looking for. For what it's worth, I also recommend Space Alert and Legends of Andor because they're awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy van Lieshout
Netherlands
Huis ter Heide
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice and Mystics laugh very nice

or maybe Scotland Yard, very light.

(LOTR, urbion and onirim are just for two and are ok games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Alien Uprising, which is being kickstarted right now. It's by the same designer as several games already mentioned. Also, Dark Darker Darkest looks awesome, but it may be a bit pricey, and it isn't out until next month.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Sentinels of the Multiverse - Difficulty scales great, if you find it's too easy, or you have 4 or 5 players, pick out a harder villain to play against. The only bad thing is if you're a completionist - I've wound up getting everything except the special promos for this game, because we like it that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Crawford
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
+1 for Sentinels of the Multiverse.

I can almost guarantee that you will eventually buy the expansions after a few plays though. They definitely aren't needed as the base game has TONS of game sessions in it, but everyone who I've taught it to has gone on to buy their own copies and eventually all the expansions.

+1 for Defenders of the Realm

Similar (very similar) to Pandemic but with a fantasy theme, if that's what you are into. My group prefers it to Pandemic but to each their own.

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set

My group is LOVING this game right now, but it is new so take it with a grain of salt. It's worth watching some gameplay videos however. I really like the Crit Happens one on Youtube.

Arkham Horror

Some love it, some hate it. My group is in the former. Some groups find it a little clunky, or has a long set up time. My group plays it enough that the clunkiness melts away, and since we all take part in setting up we start playing in no time. I'd recommend learning it from someone else before buying your own copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanabi is a nice re-released co-op card game that won the Spiel des Jahres, and as a card game should be relatively cheap for 2-5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows over Camelot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Legends of Andor. Some people dont like it because it is a fantasy game with battling monsters where beating up every monster is a very bad move. Instead, you have to look out that you only kill the monsters you absolutely need to kill. It has a great (if cliched) narrative, is absolutely gorgeous to look at and needs careful planning. It is also rather replayable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Ghost Stories

Want to +1 Robinson Crusoe but i think it's out of your budget

+1 Pandemic In the Lab(not On the brink for me though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanabi is a nice coop filler; I find that it is a good way to start the evening, before playing heavier games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.