M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

goo
The goo needs help!!
First, click the thumbs up thingee, this will get the post to the front of BGG. the other help I need is shown below.

Results from Broadways are as follows.

Er.

umm.

Er.

Umm, I think Marc won the second game of Ticket to Ride.
I don't remember who won the first (General? Do you know?).

Martin hosted another round of the "brainburner" Santiago.
Brainburner description of Santiago is trademarked by Sean (not tradeseaned by by Mark)
I'll guess Martin probably won again.

There was also an early round of High Society.
Martin will let us know who was snob supreme.
Until then I pick Thurston Howell the Third.

Bobby Hosted Two Games of Niagara.
I'm up the creek without a paddle here folks...no idea who won.
And the winners are... um Bobby?

What a difference remembering pen and paper makes.

In other news...
A collective Boooooo for Bill who asks for HotW and doesn't show.
(that's booooo-ill)
I picked it up today and will dust it off and bring it on the 28th.

Don't forget David's Ludo-pallooza coming up in April.
Don't forget the Kanata Group is next Tueday at Zavida.
(Lately they have been playing some real melon scratcher games -- T&E etc.)

A couple topics came up last night "game-wise".
The one that sticks in my head is, "What is your favourite classic roll-and-move game?"

Of the ones I played - Life/Monopoly/Clue/bonkers/Easy Money/Happy Days/etc. I think I'm going to go with Full House. It was a Parker Brothers concept, but I remember it being a bit of a hoot. As well, I think I will add in Anti-Monopoly as well.

Feel free to chime in.

Don't know if any of you heard the Sen's goal deiving home.
Did it end up being attributed to Alfie?

See you 0-3-2-8.

MrZoz
goo

P.S. I will bring pen + paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J R
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mr Zoz

I have the scoop re TTR game 1 and both Niagara games.

In the first game of TTR it was ..... yours truly, the General with his first ever win at TTR. Actually, I think it might also be the first time I made it past 75 blush Taking the extra ticket and ending the game ASAP after making the 2 links for the extra ticket paid off, as I think David would have had the game if it had lasted another turn or two.

The first game of Niagara went to David, who collected 1 of each colour gem without anyone noticing what he had done. I think he might have stolen the last one from Mrs General arrrh

The second game of Niagara went to the General, though maybe that should be the Admiral now as I managed that by some fancy pirate work arrrh including stealing a couple from Mrs General and others arrrh and then taking the win over her by one paddle stroke arrrh (I also managed to avoid sleeping on the couch ). This was a very vicious cut throat game with multiple steals to prevent people from winning.

Re roll-and-move games, Full House is great ( I have a copy in the basement), but my favourite is Aggravation. Can you guess why angry

Cheers
The General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AA_Gen_Jack wrote:

Re roll-and-move games, Full House is great ( I have a copy in the basement), but my favourite is Aggravation. Can you guess why angry

Cheers
The General

I have version of Super-Ultra-Aggravation somewhere.
It has WAAAAYYYYY too many shortcuts (you can "hop" corner to corner and through the middle). All the shortcuts seem to reduce the AGGRAVATION of getting sent back just as you are getting close to home.

Good work on Niagara -- I don't mean winning, I mean avoiding the couch.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Villemaire
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Horrible Dr B won the first High Society game with a 'spend-a-lot' strategy; normally that doesn't work, but we had another participant who forgot that rule about least-money-can't-win. Once we restored the normal balance in the universe, I won the second High Society game we played.

As for Santiago, I ended up 3rd...! Sean won that one by a landslide, he managed to harvest a huge potato field (and we all know how much potatoes are worth!!).

To complete the night, I ended up dead last in TtR:Europe; the eventual winner had at least double my points. It didn't help that the tunnels I wanted to build kept collapsing over me, killing my little Chinese workers.

Oh, and I forgot to tell everyone: FREE PIZZA!!!

When? March 31
Where? Ottawa U Gaming group
Why? My 28th birthday, of course
How? Come and play games with us! Free pizza to anyone who joins us.
Who? Everybody is invited! Invite your friends, too (if you have any )

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/834649#834649

PM me for more info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.