Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So tonight my buddies finally joined me for one of these. They bailed on my last session report, and strangely there was only one other guy for a total of 4 at this event.

My build:

Kraxon (26)
Donatra (4+1)
Counter Attack (3+1)
Breen Aide (2)

Enterprise-D (28)
Picard (6)
Drex (4+1)

Klingon Battlecruiser (16)
Nu'Daq (3)

Elite Attack Die (5)

100 points total

My plan was going to have the Kraxon drop off the Breen Aide (depending on opponent's makeup and starting position) on the space station while swinging around to back up the other two ships. I'm hoping to take out 1 or 2 ships on the first engagement using the Kraxon combo, then have the others clean up what's left.

Since there were only 4 players, we were only at 2 rounds.

Round 1: Facing a guy that just opened his starter box and TOS Enterprise

This guy has played X-Wing before so he knew the basics, and threw together a 2 ship build with the Vor'Cha class and the Enterprise D. He had a bunch of federation crew on everything, and I'm positive he didn't count in the faction penalty when calculating his 100 points. I aimed the Kraxon at DS9 and the other two ships at his ships coming off his base (4 ships were basically aimed right at one another)

I started with a "1" on both ships to see what he'd do, he sprang forward with 4/5 on his. At this point my next move was to turn the Kraxon towards the fight because I didn't think DS9 was going to even matter here. 2 turns later the Kraxon is running through a minefield to catch up, and I destroyed the VorCha class that stayed to joust my other ships. The Enterprise had made a turn towards DS9.

So I pooled for a couple rounds to get my fighters going right up the middle of DS9 between the pylons. His Enterprise was very slowly orbiting DS9. I lost the Kraxon to DS9, he lost his enterprise by flying off the map. I win. Not a great win, but it was evident that the Breen Aide was doing very little in my build and can probably be left out.

Round 2: Twin Enterprise (Galaxy/D)

This person is VERY good at X-Wing, and I'm not quite sure why he lined up one enterprise going for DS9 and the other to joust my initial group. Again, I did a 1/2 out of the gate to line everyone up. 2nd turn he started going to DS9 with his Enterprise D, I destroyed it with a LOT of attack dice (GO GO COMBO!!) 4 attacks, it was pretty close to 20 attack dice being rolled against his few. He did the elite captain talent where he saved his ship. It was most definitely gone next round as I played it safe and he went for DS9 at speed 5.

After that I lined up my fleet again going up towards DS9 between the pylon ranges (like a beeline from the wormhole). I avoided the mines with "1" maneuvers, blew up his 2nd Galaxy class with another free attack from the Kraxon and friends, then blew up DS9 next turn.

Round 2 I didn't lose any ships. Only the Klingon even took any hull damage. Granted, my dice were HOT. But rolling almost 20 a turn also helps a TON when you're in range 1 and get 4 attacks with the above combo. The Elite die really works well in this. So I won the Ferengi ship which will round out my collection. I'm still missing 2 ships to get one of everything.

At any rate, the decision was made by the TO to have everyone roll 5 attack dice for the other Ferengi ship. Round 2 opponent already put his stuff away, borrows my dice... and voila! 3 hits and a crit, wins the ship! He was pretty pleased.

Moral of the story? I'd say take at least 3 ships to this. And "fly casual"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the report again. I don't get a chance to play much because I live 1+ hr from gaming shops, so it helps to hear others' experiences. Once I play in my first OP, I'll gladly share my lists and experience(s) as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boogiums
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
I'm in the same boat as Scott. Nearest store is an hour plus away. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, just moola is a bit tight. I enjoyed your report. Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.