Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any feeling yet as to whether a character will be simply max'ed out of feats by end of the adventure path.

Struck me that there are 37 feats available in each character card (15 skills, 10 card, and 12 powers) which funnily enough might equate to a receiving a feat at the end of each scenario (6x5), a feat for each completed adventure (6x1), and one final one for the path. I presume that the perils scenarios don't give feats.

If so does this mean that it is another grind as there is ultimately no meaningful decisions as to whether you get a particular feta, more a question of when you get it.

Might be getting ahead of myself .... Awaiting arrival of THE box!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neuro researcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the end of burnt offerings, you will have 2 skill fears (for completing perils and adventure 1 of burnt offerings), 1 power feat (for adventure 3 of burnt offerings), and 1 card feat (for completing burnt offerings). So we're already way off track after 8 adventures to full all the feats up. You do have meaningful decisions on character builds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a reasonable concern to me. I suppose you could reduce how often you receive a feat, but what does that do to the balance? Will the later adventures be too difficult?

It seems to me from discussing the game with several folks, that people who want to play this game in one-shot sessions with new characters each time are more appreciative of it (like an adventure board game), than those of us who want to play the campaign mode with the same developing character (like an RPG).

This game strikes me as a great concept, but with faulty execution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And dont forget you choose one of two completely different specialized roles for your char after adventure three.

And that your deck of cards will be quite different to mine even if we play the same char...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may not matter in the long run which order you choose them in, but for each step of the way, it can have a small impact.

Getting +4 to Strength Checks with a character after 4 skill feats is nifty and all, but that means you've used all 4 of them for Strength. Strength does you no good against most of the non-combat checks, while possibly one of the other ones would. So by that point, a character that chose +4 strength might be better suited against combat, while another character that didn't (playing the same hero) would be better suited at, say, barriers and only average at combat.

In the end, though, there are only so many choices and if everyone ends up with the same number of choices for that limited amount, eventually it'll average out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of loot cards in the next adventure packs, so I'd guess the ratio of feat vs loot rewards will stay about the same, and you'll end up with around half, or a little over, the feats ticked by the end
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A O
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you get 2x skill, a power feat and a card feat after finishing whats in the base box (including 1 from Perils.) 4 out of 10 rewards were feats.

if the coming adventures have 5 scenarios per that's 30 possible feats counting the adventure card reward. i count 41 total character feats available including role card feats.

so unless they increase the amount of scenarios to 6 per new adventure pack, and every single reward is a feat, i think we're ok

i think there is some decision making when deciding what feats to take along the way. do you want to mitigate risk with feats or cards and in what combinations? the other characters in your group would also have some influence on your feat choices if you're trying to balance the parties capabilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Zhu
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
You don't get a feat at the end of each scenario. Sometimes you draw a random card from the box as a reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neuroblast89 wrote:
By the end of burnt offerings, you will have 2 skill fears (for completing perils and adventure 1 of burnt offerings), 1 power feat (for adventure 3 of burnt offerings), and 1 card feat (for completing burnt offerings). So we're already way off track after 8 adventures to full all the feats up. You do have meaningful decisions on character builds.

Thanks to you and others who have indicated numbers of feats given in Perils and Burnt offerings. Gives some comfort that this just won't be a collecting fest. Lets just hope that some of the later scenarios don't give multiple feat rewards...devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And who's to say they won't add new/additional role card with even more choices at some point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.