Subject: Titan HD 2.1 "Gorgon" now released on the App Store rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Giesing
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titan HD 2.1 "Gorgon" has been released on the App Store! Note that it may take an hour or so for the different parts of Apple's infrastructure to recognize the change, particularly for those of you outside the US.

Changes in this release:

* Added GameCenter achievements
* Added GameCenter leaderboard, tracking online ELO rating
* Added online activity indicator to game views: respond to invites, track pending moves, and switch between games
* Added Game Log feature to show game activity since the current player's last turn
* Added application icon badge to track pending activity count
* Active games listings now show what player has the current pending action
* Players can now see and join open games manually (not just using QuickMatch)
* Players will now time out from inactivity even in asynchronous games: warning after two days, withdrawal after three
* AI strength can now be selected independently, allowing for e.g. six player games against all three star AIs
* AI now avoids choosing colors picked by human players in prior games
* Minor improvements to AI battle estimation and Titan handling during Battle (note: further improvements planned)
* Players can now waive spill damage
* Attackers can now concede prior to defender deployments, e.g. to deny clearing space for earned Angels
* Players can now choose to see all derivable legion information (in local play only, for now)
* Improved UI in Battle Summary and Reward Choice dialogs to show unit origins for clarity
* Fixed bug where Feedback link no longer worked
* Fixed bug where push notifications would sometimes cause game messages to be dispatched twice
* Fixed rules bug where players could sometimes summon from engaged Legions
* Fixed rules bug where players could earn Angels even if no Angel counters remained in play
* Various other minor UI improvements and edge-case bug fixes

This is a fairly significant update; in particular, both the client and server code needed updating to account for the new game option of attacker concession prior to defender placement. Please don't hesitate to report any issues encountered.

Enjoy!

- Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allanon Shannara
msg tools
Hello, I couldn't find a general thread to post to so posted here. Hope you don't mind.

Just downloaded and played the game. (Yes, I paid the $7.99 and gladly) Wow, great job. I was a huge fan of the board game (many, many, many very long nights playing with friends) and love your port to the ipad! Took me a bit to figure out the UI mechanics, but once I did, it was great. (Think I skipped a turn on my titan stack by mistake once).

I have seen other feedback on the AI going bonkers with their titans in battle, so won't go into that here.

Thank you for the great adaptation to a old favorite from the past!

P.S. forgot to add... Game is exactly like the board game. I even found myself griping when their stupid orge rolled 5 hits against my ranger! I literally started laughing out loud on that one. Very much reminded me of the constant griping about die rolls in the boardgame!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Giesing
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're enjoying it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.