Hide
10 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Objective cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Hello , when do you reveal new objective card from the deck ? At the start of the game , you place face up one objective stage 1 card from the deck , correct ? Do you discard it and draw new one after all players have completed that objective ?

Cant find anywhere in the rules more specific info when to discard revealed objective card and how many do you reveal and in what phase of the game.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You never discard objective cards. They remain out for the rest of the game, and players may complete them on future turns (though each player can only complete each card once).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Ok , thanks, but that doesnt answer to my question how many do you reveal at the start of the game , and when do you reveal stage 2 cards ? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You NEVER reveal an objective at the start of the game. As to how they are revealed in game, there are a bunch of 'Depends' here - which rules you are playing with - in particularly which #8 stratgegy card are you using?

Generally you reveal 0 or 1 a turn in the status phase, and additional ones as specified on the #8 strategy card.

You build an objective deck as specified in the rulebook. It tells you that the stage 2 objectives go under the stage 1's, ergo, when all the stage 1's are revealed, you go onto stage 2's...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
I am playing with the # 8 card from the shattered empire expansion. It doesnt say when you reveal new one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
I am playing with the # 8 card from the shattered empire expansion. It doesnt say when you reveal new one

With Imperial II, you must use the Age of Empire variant from the base game; you reveal a card at each Status Phase when using that variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
With bureaucracy you start the game with no objectives revealed.
When the player that selects bureaucracy plays his strategic action he looks at the top 2 objectives put one into play and the other back on top of the deck.

If you are playing with bonus counters, then for each bonus on bureaucracy, reveal an objective when the card is selected in the Strat phase. The guy who selects the card still gets to reveal another as above when he plays his strategic action.

M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stiefel Olm
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
malloc wrote:
With bureaucracy you start the game with no objectives revealed.

Hi,

that's not right.

On page 9 of the SE rulebook, it says:

Quote:

The Variant Strategy Cards

• When building the Objective deck add one extra Stage II Objective to the Stage II deck.

• After building the Objective deck, reveal the top card and place it faceup in the common play area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael L
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'm surprised at the number of incorrect answers here. In specific apart from house rules, you never reveal objectives in the status phase.

It really depends on the version of the #8 Strategy Card you have, I'll outline them all here:

Imperial 1: You have a deck of 6 Stage 1 cards on top of 4 Stage 2 cards, reveal the next card everytime the Primary Ability of Imperial is activated (which should be every turn).

Imperial II: You make the deck as before, then flip over every single objective cardin order, they all start face up. Any after Imperium Rex are discarded.

Bureaucracy: You have a deck of 6 Stage 1 Cards on top of 5 Stage 2 Cards, the top card is reavealed at the start of the game. Then whenever Bureaucracy is taken, if there are any bonus counters on it, reveal that many objectives. When the Primary of Bureaucracy is activated, the active player looks at the top 2 cards and reveals one.

In all cases, Stage 2 happens when all the stage 1 cards run out.(although with bureaucracy, it is possible to have 1 stage 1 card left when stage 2 starts appearing.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, you are right, I was confusing Age of Empires in my head with the house rule.

Needless to say, I don't play with that rule very often if I can help it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.