Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Buffy the Vampire Slayer I just learned that Charlie is a Buffy fan! He picked this one as well. Now, you have seen positives on Rec.board and the game was fun. But, let's be clear, it is a dice fest. Basically, Charlie took on the role of the Mayor of Sunnydale while Buffy, her friends and I set out to kill all the bad stuff...."we kill vampires, that is our job" Understand this is the third scenario. The game is designed to kill vampires and the mayor and one of his minions was not one so most of the weapons were useless.

The basic game...the bad guys get 4 dudes, the good guys 4 dudes. The scenario gives victory conditions. Bad guys whoop up or good guys whoop up and destory something to win. So everyone moves around gathering weapons, research, help, evil cards to build up their strength and then go kill each other in a massive dice fest. The game is pretty true to the series (I understand) and has some cute stuff and a little extra chrome.

In our game the mayor had to get a magic box and convert to an evil monster and kill everyone. Buffy and team had to get an artifact to destroy the box or kill everyone evil. The mayor got most of the artifacts by a great early die roll. Oz got the last one which was the box. As Buffy was kicking butt on the minor minions, Oz got trapped and killed by the Mayor who took the artifact and became the bad monster dude with 5 attack dice. We could not run fast enough.....Buffy died as did everyone else for an evil victory...don't go to Sunnydale tomorrow!!!!!!!

Actually the game was fun and pretty quick...cut to the core it is roll dice, move, get a card, attack.....We had fun as always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.