Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope I'm proven to have realized this is obvious but it came up last night in our first playthrough (at least my first with more than just me...btw solo = tough, and everyone elses first period).

So my buddy stumbles upon the temple, and dives right on in there (mind you by himself). He gets through and get's the goody cards right away lucky him and gets piles of story tokens.

I guess this will be 3 questions:
1 - Are you allowed to return to shore like normal (we assumed so...just that once you choose to explore the temple you cannot explore anywhere else until after returning to camp)?

2 - If one were to choose to leave (return to shore) and some folks were to then go exploring again are we stuck having to get through the temple or is it still a "pending" exploration? (This would obviously force you to have to cross the outcrop obviously)

3 - Assuming the Temple has been partially explored and if someone else were to go into the temple do all the cards already explored remain face up or are they all shuffled back together again having to explore it fresh from the start?

We went back and forth a bit on this and decided to just shuffle up the temple cards and put em face down on the pending track (no one else went back in there mind you but the one guy who did and somehow lived crushed on end of game VP but we all still loved the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1 - Yes you can choose to stop your adventure and go back to shore after you have completed the current card's effects.

2 - If you had to somehow end your temple exploration incomplete, just leave the incomplete cards in the Pending explorations area. At that point you can choose to reengage the Temple or just explore as normal. You can just choose not to go back in it, but then you also risk a Pending explorations area taken up. (not that bad of a risk really...)

3 - I just leave it partially explored and do not reshuffle the temple cards back in. If you complete a Labyrinthic Corridor successfully you weren't really lost - I figure the explorers were somehow able to mark their way deeper into the temple and could use those marks to get back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xaintrix wrote:
1 - Yes you can choose to stop your adventure and go back to shore after you have completed the current card's effects.

2 - If you had to somehow end your temple exploration incomplete, just leave the incomplete cards in the Pending explorations area. At that point you can choose to reengage the Temple or just explore as normal. You can just choose not to go back in it, but then you also risk a Pending explorations area taken up. (not that bad of a risk really...)

3 - I just leave it partially explored and do not reshuffle the temple cards back in. If you complete a Labyrinthic Corridor successfully you weren't really lost - I figure the explorers were somehow able to mark their way deeper into the temple and could use those marks to get back.

Ok, that's what I was half thinking and such, especially since you could rack up some serious VPs in there, just diving in every time assuming we survive could net a killer win.

I guess #1 was worded poorly, I was curious on if you could finish let's say 3 temple cards, then try to head back to shore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.